How to i get to whitby or scarbrough without having to go over the big hill?

Found 21st Jul 2011
I am hoping to take my family to either whitby or scarbrough in the summer holidays. however i am not looking forward to the big hill you have to go up on the way there and down on the way back. I was wundering if anyone knows a way i can get there and back without goin over the hill. The hill im on about is also the one you may go on if you are travelling to flamingoland. I am travelling from the postcode ne23. Thanks in advance x

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

Go around it?

Go by boat

Look at a map?!

Dig a tunnel?

Fly on jini

Isn't whitby where they have that s&m goth thing? Bluejoff styleeee

Banned

are you walking there?

the other method would take you 80 days approx

Theres a new train that can tunnel through anything.

Are you afraid of heights?.

Banned

Am I reading this right? Youre afraid of a hill? This place never fails to astound me

You're walking right?

sancho1983

You're walking right?

They could be walking left?

Good old sutton bank, make sure you have your caravan on tow X)

If you don't want to go up it follow the diversion for caravans:)

Banned

seen an artic go down it in front of me about 3 weeks ago (yes i know they are,nt supposed to)" fella done it no probs........"that hill aint as bad as you think unless you are towing a caravan with a Picanto ; )

What is this mystical hill that everyone knows about?

Is it mahoosive or something?

There is a route for HGV's and caravans signposted..

Why dont you want to go up the Sutton Bank ?? That hill is quality in nice damp conditions !

dcx_badass

They're going the wrong way if they even use Sutton Bank and are … They're going the wrong way if they even use Sutton Bank and are travelling from the North East anyway, like I already said.

i agree with this member check your travel with this
theaa.com/rou…e=B

sancho1983

What is this mystical hill that everyone knows about?Is it mahoosive or … What is this mystical hill that everyone knows about?Is it mahoosive or something?

The A170 road runs down the bank with a gradient of 1 in 4 (25%), and … The A170 road runs down the bank with a gradient of 1 in 4 (25%), and including a hairpin bend. Vehicles have to keep in low gear whist travelling up or down the bank,[2] and caravans are banned from using the section.

Agreed
Post a comment
@
    Text