Groups

how to i use the inbuilt freeview tuner for my new tv

i bought one of these dixons.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cceeadegdmiejejcflgceggdhhmdfol.0&category_oid=-21226&sku=725233&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null but i am using the tv through a freeview box at the moment and the picture looks a bit pixelated ....is it better to use the inbuilt one...and how do i go about setting it up??

29 Comments

on your remote doesnt it have on the button for AV- DTV? ours does..

Banned

didn't it come with a manual?

Look for "HOW TO TUNE THE TV IN"

Original Poster

edit; just pressed the dtv button and says NO SIGNAL???and channel not found..... wont this work

peterjmay;3944589

edit; just pressed the dtv button and says NO SIGNAL???and channel not … edit; just pressed the dtv button and says NO SIGNAL???and channel not found..... wont this work

You need to scan for channels, as it will explain in the manual that came with your TV.

Good advice.. RTFM.:whistling:

peterjmay;3944589

edit; just pressed the dtv button and says NO SIGNAL???and channel not … edit; just pressed the dtv button and says NO SIGNAL???and channel not found..... wont this work

If it is the same as my Samsung press the TV/DVT button to switch into Digital TV mode.

Press the D.MENU button to bring up the menu screen.

Scroll down the left hand side boxes using the D-Pad until you reach what looks like a picture of a ariel.

Press the right D-pad button to highlight Auto Store.

Press the right D-pad button again to start the search.

Wait and hope it picks up some channels.

If it doesnt pick up many channels then you need to start looking at your ariel system.

Banned

peterjmay;3944589

edit; just pressed the dtv button and says [COLOR="Red"]NO … edit; just pressed the dtv button and says [COLOR="Red"]NO SIGNAL[/COLOR]???and channel not found..... wont this work

Go to the front of the manual.

On page one it should say "plug aerial in".

That should solve the problem. :thumbsup:

guv;3944802

Go to the front of the manual.On page one it should say "plug aerial … Go to the front of the manual.On page one it should say "plug aerial in".That should solve the problem. :thumbsup:

lol.

I dont get why manuals are included if nobody reads them.

guv;3944802

Go to the front of the manual.On page one it should say "plug aerial … Go to the front of the manual.On page one it should say "plug aerial in".That should solve the problem. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: You need to take the aerial out of the freeview box and plug it into the tv. Then tune it.

Banned

deathtrap3000;3944819

I dont get why manuals are included if nobody reads them.

Little secret.

I dont read manuals either. I have an excuse though. I'm a smart ass!

guv;3945229

Little secret.I dont read manuals either. I have an excuse though. I'm a … Little secret.I dont read manuals either. I have an excuse though. I'm a man !

lol yep like me o/h:roll:

then you call in the troops to fix it ( wife/girlfriend/significant other):thumbsup:

Banned

guv;3944802

are people really this dumb? :?

csiman;3945623

are people really this dumb? :?

dya know some people really dont understand these things? be more sympathetic or constructive or dont say anything...

I just want to know if he has set it up yet!

bitseylango;3945669

I just want to know if he has set it up yet!

lol im sure he's still trying:oops:

if he's anything like my o/h he will be there all night:roll:

He has probably gone to Google " Manual "..

Banned

louloo;3945656

dya know some people really dont understand these things? be more … dya know some people really dont understand these things? be more sympathetic or constructive or dont say anything...

I already told him to read the manual but OP just ignored me.

And my comment was are people really so dumb that they won't have plugged the aerial in. I doubt very much this is the case! :whistling:

csiman;3945944

I already told him to read the manual but OP just ignored me.And my … I already told him to read the manual but OP just ignored me.And my comment was are people really so dumb that they won't have plugged the aerial in. I doubt very much this is the case! :whistling:

lol my link was to the manual:roll:

aww i dont know if he has had it plugged into his freeview maybe he didnt think?

Original Poster

so i need to unplug the aerial wire from the freeview box and stick it in the back of the tv? right?
    then press the dv button and scan for channels??
    :-D

Original Poster

also what do the record buttons on the remote do?? can i record tv? :-D:oops:

They're probably to control DVD/Hard disk recorders.

peterjmay;3948571

also what do the record buttons on the remote do?? can i record tv? … also what do the record buttons on the remote do?? can i record tv? :-D:oops:

its usually a remote to do more than one item so you will need the matching recorder...did you look at the manual link i left for you?

Original Poster

i did look at it thanks, i need to make the arial lead longer as it does not reach the tv yet (the freeview box is on the shelf above)

i think i know what to do now

peterjmay;3948815

i did look at it thanks, i need to make the arial lead longer as it does … i did look at it thanks, i need to make the arial lead longer as it does not reach the tv yet (the freeview box is on the shelf above)i think i know what to do now

good luck!

Banned

http://www.dan-jackson.com/smilies/wtc.gif

Internet! I can't survive modern life on my own, please tell me how to eat, breath, sleep, operate TV

peterjmay;3948815

i did look at it thanks, i need to make the arial lead longer as it does … i did look at it thanks, i need to make the arial lead longer as it does not reach the tv yet (the freeview box is on the shelf above)i think i know what to do now

Or does your freeview box have an aerial loop through? If it does you only need a aerial fly lead.

Original Poster

DanJackson;3952794

Internet! I can't survive modern life on my own, please tell me how to … Internet! I can't survive modern life on my own, please tell me how to eat, breath, sleep, operate TV

you look like a [email protected] in your photo and your comment confirms it!

peterjmay;3983728

you look like a [email protected] in your photo and your comment confirms it!

It's Karl Pilkington, of Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington podcast fame. I'm surprised you use the internet and aren't aware who he is!

Banned

jbarnett;3986167

It's Karl Pilkington, of Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington podcast fame. … It's Karl Pilkington, of Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington podcast fame. I'm surprised you use the internet and aren't aware who he is!

Never heard of him. I thought that was the poster's picture and yes, he is a complete idi0t
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bearded chat1020
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427
      3. One for the mathmaticians3150
      4. What would be HELL to you?3459

See more discussions