how to improve frame rates (pc)

Found 7th Dec 2017
i currently have the NVidia 670 graphics card and play world of tanks quite often, and I always get 60frames per second

my question is can I get any higher than this? ive seen some that get about 100fps

am I stuck with just 60fps with my card , I don't really want to overclock anything, is that the only way I can improve the frame rate?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
120hz monitor? If the game runs at >60fps with v-sync turned off that may be an option.
Possibly. Reduce the in-game resolution or 3D graphic settings, download the latest Nvidia drivers, switch off AF (Anisotropic Filtering)and AA (Anti Aliasing) or utilise NVidia alternative. Without seeing your settings in the game or PC configuration difficult to ascertain whether it's a hardware, software limitation so can only provide very general help.
Do you use Twitch for add ons etc? If so try deleting it fully. Twitch is notorious for gumming up pc's
If you're getting a fixed 60 frames per second instead of a value that fluctuates around that then you've got some sort of frame limiter in place. This could be V-sync or an explicit FPS limit setting and could be in the game options or the nVidia control panel.

To actually see the benefit of higher frame rates you'll need a higher refresh rate monitor though, if you've got a 60hz monitor then higher frame rates will give minimal or no benefit.
EndlessWaves2 h, 43 m ago

If you're getting a fixed 60 frames per second instead of a value that …If you're getting a fixed 60 frames per second instead of a value that fluctuates around that then you've got some sort of frame limiter in place. This could be V-sync or an explicit FPS limit setting and could be in the game options or the nVidia control panel.To actually see the benefit of higher frame rates you'll need a higher refresh rate monitor though, if you've got a 60hz monitor then higher frame rates will give minimal or no benefit.

Actually you can get worse performance if the monitor and card have different frequencies.

A few years ago I picked up a top end gfx card that the seller thought was faulty - it was just suffering tearing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants