Groups

How to improve radio signal on my shower....

I have installed a shower with a built in radio, the arial is just a loose wire leading from the back of it and the quality is poor, does anyone know how i can improve the reception?
    thanks and rep added for and good advice!

8 Comments

Banned

extend the wire, make it as high as possible

i have an old radio in my garage, which has a lot of metal, and this makes it work fine!

stick the aerial where the sun don't shine

in all seriousness i have always found shower radios abit useless i ahd one that was always crackly and another that just changed channels when it felt like it

Banned

the average shower lasts 4 mins, do you really need a radio?

[CENTER]Why not connect the aerial to the water pipe supplying the shower unit. This will then extend the aerial reception!

:roll:[/CENTER]

Banned

get an extension and plug it in

SuperEd

plug it into the mains:whistling:

Original Poster

Mellow Yellow;8572773

How is the reception generally? have you tried another radio to see if … How is the reception generally? have you tried another radio to see if you can get a good reception?I have a simple fish shaped shower radio without any external aerial and it works fine where i am.

I have other radios which work fine, I live in a steel framed house which might be interfereing?

jubbyme;8572792

extend the wire, make it as high as possibleI tried this (sticking it on … extend the wire, make it as high as possibleI tried this (sticking it on top of the shower) but it made it worse, the speakers and other stuff are up there so i think they might be making it worse.i have an old radio in my garage, which has a lot of metal, and this makes it work fine!

it has a metal frame, i tried sticking it to that but it didnt help. its aluminium, not sure if that makes a difference?

whatsThePoint;8572842

the average shower lasts 4 mins, do you really need a radio?

It has a steam generator, monsoon head, back massager ect so im planning on spending a bit of time in there!

KAC;8573036

[CENTER]Why not connect the aerial to the water pipe supplying the shower … [CENTER]Why not connect the aerial to the water pipe supplying the shower unit. This will then extend the aerial reception!all plastic piping in the new bathroom:roll:[/CENTER]

casparwhite;8573760

get an extension and plug it in

what kind of extension?

cheers! :thumbsup:

Banned

rockerfella20;8574597

what kind of extension?cheers! :thumbsup:

aerial extension wire plug it into your aerial socket
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions