How to increase your chances to snap amazon lightning deals before the item is sold out.

18 replies
Found 3rd Jan 2015
Since last two days I've been trying to buy some heavily discounted [~90% or above] amazon lightning deal items, which means somehow the deals are snapped within milliseconds as soon as the deals are live. Is there a way to maximize your chances to grab these items, it almost feel like there is some trick I'm missing.

18 Comments

So not a 'how to' thread but a 'how do you' thread.

I presume you are referring to the Xmas lights ? noticed that too . I actually got one deal ,but then it disappeared from my basket -the rest were sold out immediately -weird (_;)

Banned

Just got to click fast. As long as you get item into basket you got 15 minutes to checkout

think it's luck I got akg headphones and sold out in 1 second.

Original Poster

rogparki

I presume you are referring to the Xmas lights ? noticed that too . I … I presume you are referring to the Xmas lights ? noticed that too . I actually got one deal ,but then it disappeared from my basket -the rest were sold out immediately -weird (_;)

Ditto, Xmas lights in particular, they're again going to be sold tomorrow morning 9am. There has to be some trick to grab these.
Same thing happened to me, I managed to add one and went straight to checkout and item was removed from my basket. Is amazon playing with us or something ?
Edited by: "twisterteddy" 3rd Jan 2015

Original Poster

ifrazalam

Just got to click fast. As long as you get item into basket you got 15 … Just got to click fast. As long as you get item into basket you got 15 minutes to checkout

15 minutes ?? we're talking milliseconds here ! i've seen the items getting unavailable AFTER they're added to the basket. it happened to me 2~3 times. Also see abive post from rogparki.

Original Poster

Am I suffering from this online now !

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/26/article-2078597-0F46322B00000578-56_634x341.jpg

Use a fast browser like Chrome. Uninstall / disable all add-ons. Clear cache / temporary files etc.

Disable your anti-virus and firewall just before the Lightning Deal.

Just set your computer clock one minute fast.

Original Poster

mclovin9091

Just set your computer clock one minute fast.

Genius !! I bet you weren't around when we hit the Y2K bug, wish we had your expertise back on 31 Dec 1999
Edited by: "twisterteddy" 3rd Jan 2015

Try this, it gives you time when the deal goes live.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…als?gb_hero_f_100=p:1,c:all,s:upcoming

Original Poster

Fail, no matter what you do it's just not possible to get one of these deals.

adeelmpk

Genius !! I bet you weren't around when we hit the Y2K bug, wish we had … Genius !! I bet you weren't around when we hit the Y2K bug, wish we had your expertise back on 31 Dec 1999

No i bought a cheap computer and tired the same a few weeks prior to new year, set the computer to one minute past 12 of the 1st Jan 2000 and all was fine. I had a relaxing New Year that year.

They were all taken within the first second this evening, and even the waitlist was full. Somethings dodgy about that.

Original Poster

devices

They were all taken within the first second this evening, and even the … They were all taken within the first second this evening, and even the waitlist was full. Somethings dodgy about that.

Same just happened at 7pm. I've feeling its only a marketing and traffic generation gimmick but again I've never seen amazon doing that before.

I was trying to get an all-in-one pc on a lightning deal on Black Friday... The countdown to the deal starting went "3... 2... 1... Sold out!" I was angry, but what really p***ed me off was that Amazon then charged me the full price for the computer! The first I knew about it was when I got an email telling me that it had been dispatched! It took a few days, but I finally got my money back...

Original Poster

NeoDoug1

I was trying to get an all-in-one pc on a lightning deal on Black … I was trying to get an all-in-one pc on a lightning deal on Black Friday... The countdown to the deal starting went "3... 2... 1... Sold out!" I was angry, but what really p***ed me off was that Amazon then charged me the full price for the computer! The first I knew about it was when I got an email telling me that it had been dispatched! It took a few days, but I finally got my money back...

What about order confirmation email, not to mention checking the payment summary before you hit the order button.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    2. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11
    3. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…79

See more discussions