How to invest?

Posted 6th Jun
I've saved up some money and really have no idea where to start investing. I'm happy to go with some form of risk but could also put money into a properly.
Advice appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
If you don't know much about it, then blindly doing what online strangers tell you to do would be a bad idea.

Do your homework and start small. This link is a good place to start reading. And remember, there is no such thing as a guaranteed return apart from money in a bank account up to the FSCS limit. For all the stories you read about spectacular success, there will be many more about losses that rarely get told. That doesn't mean you shy away from investing - all it means is you do your homework and understand what exactly you are investing in.
Give it to me an by this time next year will be millionaires, Rodders!
12 Comments
Stocks and shares isa and put the money into managed funds if you have no idea of where to invest.
Give it to me an by this time next year will be millionaires, Rodders!
You could download a app called 212 trading and put the money into company shares. Or you could download Moneybox who invest the money
I’d like to buy and flip houses
Invest in property, build a small portfolio and retire early
If you don't know much about it, then blindly doing what online strangers tell you to do would be a bad idea.

Do your homework and start small. This link is a good place to start reading. And remember, there is no such thing as a guaranteed return apart from money in a bank account up to the FSCS limit. For all the stories you read about spectacular success, there will be many more about losses that rarely get told. That doesn't mean you shy away from investing - all it means is you do your homework and understand what exactly you are investing in.
You'll get all kinds of suggestions on here, good and bad. I'd start with looking on here;-

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/cat…nts

Whether its property or stocks and shares, the main thing to understand is that they should be viewed as long term commitments. You also need to understand what your goals are and then decide on a strategy to achieve them.
As said above, take no notice of my or anyone else's advice on here.
If you want to educate yourself so that you can make informed decisions take a look at the youtube videos of Pensioncraft. Go back a bit through them and Ramin covers many of the questions you might have and explains the workings of the financial world in clear language.
For my appetite for risk, at the moment, the markets are just a bit over exuberant and I'm sitting on the sidelines to see what happens next.
Making money from property is not that easy these days. With tax’s and the tenants having a lot of rights.
The monevator website is quite good. Tends to be recommend passive investments. Vanguard have low fees. Something like a lifestrategy 80 then you just set up your monthly payment and don't look at it again for a few decades!
how much are we talking about? tens, hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, million(s)?
mutley107/06/2020 00:13

how much are we talking about? tens, hundreds, thousands, hundreds of …how much are we talking about? tens, hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, million(s)?

50p

They saved it on click & collect.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants