Groups

How To Keep Hair Straight ALL Day!!!!!!!

This Has Reallyyyyyy Been Bugging Me Now For Ages!!!
    I Straighten My Hair Which Takes Me Around 30Min Each Morning With GHDS, And It Looks Nice And Straight...Well It Does For Around 1Hour!! Ive Tried Spraying Hair Spray On My Hair Whilst Straightnin, Put Hair Spray On After (Which Just Makes My Hair Flick Out At The End), Also Tried Various Products To ''Keep It Straight'' Which Never Works!

So Anyone Got Any Ideas Of Things I Could Try Or Any Products That Actually Do The Job?

Ps This Isnt Curt Before You Start Thinkin He Straightens His Hair :P

Thanks

30 Comments

Ps This Isnt Curt Before You Start Thinkin He Straightens His Hair :P

Sooooooo..............who is it??? lol

Seen that film "Something about Mary" she used something to keep her hair straight.
    I think it was called Serum or something like that. hth

Banned

Hello curt's gf.

Shave head, get wig, sorted!

curts gonna love this X)

What's with all the capital letters? oO

try a brazilian blow dry

3 Days ago you wanted curly hair - hotukdeals.com/mis…714

What's going onnnnnnnnnnnnnn????? X)

No offers of help, but I may watch this space as I have the exact same problem. My hair is not naturally straight, but it only has a very very slight wave, but my hair will not stay straight. Hairspray is quite possible the wrst thing I could use, when I spray it on to straightened hair it tends to bring any waves/curls out because of the moisture in it.

My hair looks pristine for about 10 mins after straightening then it just all goes wrong lol!! Best thing I have found to use is John Frieda straightening products. I use a heat protection spray, then a straightening balm, and straight and shine gel (combo of all 3). It by no means gives me perfect hair, but is a vast improvement on any other products I have used.

frizz-eaze?

look into trying a brazilian blow dry trust me ive seen them work wonders on but birds with dodgy barnets lol

silkymolo

No offers of help, but I may watch this space as I have the exact same … No offers of help, but I may watch this space as I have the exact same problem. My hair is not naturally straight, but it only has a very very slight wave, but my hair will not stay straight. Hairspray is quite possible the wrst thing I could use, when I spray it on to straightened hair it tends to bring any waves/curls out because of the moisture in it.My hair looks pristine for about 10 mins after straightening then it just all goes wrong lol!! Best thing I have found to use is John Frieda straightening products. I use a heat protection spray, then a straightening balm, and straight and shine gel (combo of all 3). It by no means gives me perfect hair, but is a vast improvement on any other products I have used.

Edited by: "Dub1" 27th Jan 2011

Banned

Avon do some lovely hair products but I have never used them to keep my hair straight.

Get it chemically straightened professionally. Someone in work with me had it done for £120 and it looks really good but needs to be topped up every 8-12 weeks or...

Buy a perming kit and brush it through your hair for a few hours. Instead of perming your hair curly it'll perm it straight. That's what the hairdressers do when chemically straighening it.

Get a number 1 all over and you won't have a problem

Banned

I'm not sure about straightening of hair, but I would recommend This for you first.

Oh, and not forgetting curt

Why not go the other way and have it permed. Straight is boring, curly is cool

I agree as a bloke curly hair not as extreme as a perm though does it for me !

livingthelife07

I once encountered a women on an American Christian forum who used to type the same way. When pressed, it turned out that she believed the words would just "fall off the screen" if they weren't capitalised like that.

I have never figured out how she came to that conclusion.

American Christian forum?

sancho1983

American Christian forum?

Oh yes, excellent trolling grounds.

brb...........

Original Poster

Syzable

3 Days ago you wanted curly hair … 3 Days ago you wanted curly hair -http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/babyliss-hairdryer-that-curls-hair-dries/859714What's going onnnnnnnnnnnnnn????? X)

Lol...Cant Have Curly Hair All The Time Gotta Have A Change

Original Poster

livingthelife07

Cause Thats How I Type....
    Lol :s

Original Poster

Syzable

Sooooooo..............who is it??? lol

His Gf Lol

Original Poster

Rhianne

Get it chemically straightened professionally. Someone in work with me … Get it chemically straightened professionally. Someone in work with me had it done for £120 and it looks really good but needs to be topped up every 8-12 weeks or...Buy a perming kit and brush it through your hair for a few hours. Instead of perming your hair curly it'll perm it straight. That's what the hairdressers do when chemically straighening it.

Thanks Will Have To Try It x

Original Poster

DangerGod

I'm not sure about straightening of hair, but I would recommend This for … I'm not sure about straightening of hair, but I would recommend This for you first.Oh, and not forgetting curt

The Fact You've Actually Gone Out Of Your Way To Find Both Of Them Is Rather Sad Tbh,But If Thats How You 'Enjoy' Yourself Then Good For You :\

Rhianne

Get it chemically straightened professionally. Someone in work with me … Get it chemically straightened professionally. Someone in work with me had it done for £120 and it looks really good but needs to be topped up every 8-12 weeks or...Buy a perming kit and brush it through your hair for a few hours. Instead of perming your hair curly it'll perm it straight. That's what the hairdressers do when chemically straighening it.

I have had my hair chemically straightened 3 times before, costs me £45 at my hairdressers ( he uses me to train the apprentices) and I had it done every 6-8 months. Can dry your hair out something chronic though and takes him about 3 hours total.

I've had the same problem and always wondered how my hairdresser managed to make my hair stay straight after a cut & dry. She explained its all in the drying...not too high a heat, use a decent brush (i use a Denman to brush down the hair and follow with the hairdrier in small sections. Then use straighteners, then apply some serum. Works for me!! Youtube has hundreds of instructional videos too.

I have hair down to my elbows and I used to have the same problem, all I do now is blow dry it straight (ish) and then use my GHD's, it stays straight all day and if I'm feeling lazy a quick 5 minutes the next day with straighteners and it's good to go for a second day. I do put clynol ID style serum on just so it's looks smooth and shiny.

My best tips are:

Spray leave in conditioner. Still wash and condition your hair as usual, unless it is really fine.

Then while hair is towel dried spritz leave in conditioner all over the ends.

Try and leave it at least 10 mins to soak in or rough dry with hair dryer then put some heat protection spray on and blow dry hair using a barrel brush or vent brush.

Then once fully dry - I mean really bone dry start to straighten. Don't use any products while straightening.

If you have 30 mins in the morning you are better to spend 20mins blow drying and only 10 straightening.

This is the best way of doing it as your hair will last longer from the blow dry that it would from straightening as as soon as your hair gets warm in the day it will start to kink otherwise.

Use a flexihold hair spray once finished.

I have the opposite problem, trying to keep my curls!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32183
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1732

See more discussions