Groups

How to link a database (ms access 2007) to a website?

Hi anyone know how to link ms access to a website. im building a website for my final year project and the website is a restaurant.
    can anyone give me advice (step-by-step) how to do it thanks.

4 Comments

Well, I'm certainly no expert but I can tell you you're going to have to get familiar with PHP.

This looks like a simple way to connect a PHP page to an access database: web-max.ca/PHP…php

Any chance of using MySQL rather than Access? Afaik, PHP has much better support for MySQL then Access.

Noooooooooo don't do it, Access should NEVER be used like that. Use a proper database like MySQL or SQL server if you're attaching it to a website.

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;8068966

Well, I'm certainly no expert but I can tell you you're going to have to … Well, I'm certainly no expert but I can tell you you're going to have to get familiar with PHP.This looks like a simple way to connect a PHP page to an access database: http://www.web-max.ca/PHP/odbc_1.phpAny chance of using MySQL rather than Access? Afaik, PHP has much better support for MySQL then Access.

emm i have no expertise in using MySQL............

You can do it using ASP (active server pages).

Pretty easy really, although I'd have to go over my notes again to remind myself how I actually did it.

To self teach yourself any web based stuff, google is your friend. As is w3schools.

Here's their asp main page: w3schools.com/asp…asp
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions