How to lock this?

Found 29th May
2946982-EPf1G.jpg Have one of these style storage boxes but it's not lockable now as the plastic has split. How can I make it secure please?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Chain around the handles attached to a padlock

Failing that bolt some eye holes on the roof and on the sides and use a chain and padlock on each side to loop the chain through the eye holes.

Use a backing plate which is larger width than the eye hole bracket to enable it to spread pressure across the roof/wall if pulled.

For example:

6mm Stainless Steel Square Eye Plate amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K7HCN32/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hBAdBbHHPBE5C

diy.com/departments/abru-steel-perforated-plate-l-160mm/173360_BQ.prd

Bulk Hardware BH01881 Medium Link Chain, 3 x 21 mm, 1 m Length - Galvanised amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TQWU1VQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NDAdBbK737SYH

Above shown as example of a method of doing this, please check sizes measurements and suitability of your product to fix this before attempting it.

Example of similar method I used on my shed to fit this:

33880129-KGu6o.jpg

33880129-NAkpl.jpg

33880129-ZRVPd.jpg

33880129-POUz9.jpg
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th May
cmdr_elito1 m ago

Chain around the handles attached to a padlock

Yeah. That will hold them up for 10 seconds
Edited by: "wayners" 29th May
2 of these on the top/front amazon.co.uk/dp/…h=1 1 at either side split the difference and space them equally, bearing in mind not to give the opportunist a pinch point to lever it open.

33880158-z4i2k.jpg
Edited by: "andynicol" 29th May
Drill four holes, one in each top panel and two in the front panel, near centre front. Get a bike lock with a plastic covered chain. Pass it through holes and lock it.
wayners45 m ago

Lol it’s easy to just smash the flimsy plastic anyway, if they have an angle grinder they will just cut a hole in it anyway. It’s all about slowing them down a little bit, a determined thief will get into anything no mater how strong it is.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th May
wayners46 m ago

they can carry the box away if they want it
Blow lamp on plastic. Silent to.
Edited by: "wayners" 29th May
IF its locked, kinda suggests to thieving "baskets"(!) something worth nicking inside, sad world, but true...
33881781.jpg

Stick something like this on the outside
Edited by: "u664541" 30th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants