Groups

How to look better.

Was looking forward to a bit of rest during the half term. I'm one of those that NEVER stops how ever I've had to have more than a lot of rest. I'm a 31 year old Female and I got cellulitus. OMG!!! Never in my life felt so poorly apart from during labour. I had every symptom going, I've been in bed for ten days and unable to walk. I am definitely improving and feeling a lot better though. The problem is Family are seeing me over Easter, I don't have confidence at the best of times so please advice me how you look better after an illness. I am on iron, drinking vitamin c drinks and water. Need to know what else to eat and drink or beauty products will help. Thanks, if you've had it you will understand if not I pray you never get it xx Happy easter x

11 Comments

I think you're beautiful

I don't think it's easy to answer this, your body's just been through a battle with an infection, your going to be weak and not able to do much. If it's only your family I wouldn't worry about "looking better" they are your family they will understand if you won't be 100% and look unwell. I don't know your family but I know mine would be thankful I'm on the mend even if I looked awful. If you don't feel you can face them it might be better to prospone until you feel up to it physically and mentally? I wish you all the best and hope you have a full recovery, use the bank holiday weekend to get better and rest, it's the only thing to help the body and in turn look better.

If it's your family and (true) friends visiting you, their only concerns will be about your health and you getting well again, it's not about how you look, it's about how you are as a person that makes you beautiful.

Sorry to hear you had cellulitis, had it years back after an insect bite on my leg and still remember how painful it was, even with three sets of meds on the go. Also remember I ended up with a huge bruise on my leg for weeks , think the size from my calf to mid thigh and around 50% around my leg, so if you have similar then finding clothes that cover it but in lightweight material will help.

Assuming your family knew you were ill hopefully they will be expecting to help you out and aren't going to be judging how you look anyway. Nothing is going to make a huge change to how you look overnight though, so be fair to yourself and just go for sprucing yourself up. Get the kids to help tidy up for you, if your house has got a bit messy while you've been poorly that will reflect how you feel too.

no diet will help you with getting younger or having less wrinkles. no creams or anything like that ...
    but here is one solution
    youtu.be/_zO…46g

ps often self confidence is all you need to look better
    I'm 33 and I have full head of grey hair , arthritis in my knees ... I simply don't care about you it
    Edited by: "mattsk" 15th Apr

Supplements and tonics are not the answer... eat and drink what makes you feel good - as long as it doesn't make you worse. Surround yourself with friends and family. You look in the mirror and remember what you looked like, or want to look like and compare it with what you see , not what other people see. No one cares what anyone looks like any more, to be honest, people care more about attitudes and personalities. Most of all..RELAX! Stressing about something that you can't change will only make you feel worse.
    You don't say if you are going to family or they are coming to you... If they are coming to you. - takeaway is your friend. Home delivery is preferable. Washing up negligible. Win win! You sit down and relax.
    Happy Easter.

Focus on yourself for once, not others. Just cancel any plans if you don't feel you can face them!
    If they really care they shall fully understand. Get better soon!

I know that looking good gives you so much confidence and make you happier so I understand where you are coming from. I find the best way to improve your looks is make up and clothes if you are not able to improve your figure through illness as is your case.

Pop down to the hairdressers as doing your hair can also make you look better.

Good to hear that you are feeling better as your posts tend to be about you feeling depressed. As we approach the summer months, with the warmer weather and the sun shining, try to get out more for walks or just wander about where you enjoy going as being mobile and out of the house often gives you a boost of happiness I find

Original Poster

tinkerbellian

Sorry to hear you had cellulitis, had it years back after an insect bite … Sorry to hear you had cellulitis, had it years back after an insect bite on my leg and still remember how painful it was, even with three sets of meds on the go. Also remember I ended up with a huge bruise on my leg for weeks , think the size from my calf to mid thigh and around 50% around my leg, so if you have similar then finding clothes that cover it but in lightweight material will help.Assuming your family knew you were ill hopefully they will be expecting to help you out and aren't going to be judging how you look anyway. Nothing is going to make a huge change to how you look overnight though, so be fair to yourself and just go for sprucing yourself up. Get the kids to help tidy up for you, if your house has got a bit messy while you've been poorly that will reflect how you feel too.

Very similar, yes it feels like a bone is sticking out from where the rash was. Yes the mess has made my illness a lot worse, I am a very active person and do EVERYTHING alone sontonlie in bed and know mess is building up is so upsetting but I've realised health is more important and I will have some more time off so hopefully be able to have a big catch up when walking xx

Original Poster

You are such a lovely bunch. Thanks, feel better just coming on here oh and poorer as there are lots of bank hol deals about. What's the best bargains you have found. Looking for a 40inch smart TV, one in Curry's £299 don't know if they are around much cheaper than that? X

Argos ebay.. digihome 43" smart tv. £199.99, click & collect. item number 122439773331 ( put in search box). Not a fashionable name but quite a good tv for the money.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      2. Virgin Media TV56
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions