How to make a new Yahoo.co.uk account?

13 replies
Found 24th Jan
I already have a yahoo.co.uk account but would like to make a new one for my mum. When I go to the Yahoo page where you can create a new account, I have put in her name and surname. It then wants me to enter the Yahoo details that I want to use - I've put in the name that my mum wants me to create (ie. [email protected]yahoo.co.uk), but then I get a message up saying, 'You can only use letters, numbers, full stops (‘.’) and underscores (‘_’) in your username' - does anybody know why this is happening. Further down the page it goes on to ask for a password and mobile phone number, but because of the previous problem I have not got this far. Any suggestions as to how to get around this? Thank you.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

you only need to put in the first part 'nevermissadeal' not the full email

don't drag her into yahoo though, they suck

gmail all the way

maybe a silly question but are you typing "@yahoo.co.uk" in the username field?

Original Poster

murtgurge

you only need to put in the first part 'nevermissadeal' not the full … you only need to put in the first part 'nevermissadeal' not the full emaildon't drag her into yahoo though, they suckgmail all the way

Will it be a uk account though - not a .com one?

Sophiasky

Will it be a uk account though - not a .com one?

if you're on yahoo.co.uk and they still issue uk emails then yea

DONT DO YAHOO, USE GMAIL. WAY BETTER SPAM DETECTION

murtgurge

you only need to put in the first part 'nevermissadeal' not the full … you only need to put in the first part 'nevermissadeal' not the full emaildon't drag her into yahoo though, they suckgmail all the way

Can confirm this is correct

Hahahhahahahahhahahahahahhajahajahahjajahahahajfhsk

Yahoo have been hacked twice don't risk using them

Original Poster

Ok, I have an old gmail account, so am now looking at setting her up one of those instead - however, another hiccup - when I launch gmail, my account automatically comes up on the page and loads with old emails, etc. I can't see how to sign out of my account to create a new one? Thank you.

Original Poster

Sophiasky

Ok, I have an old gmail account, so am now looking at setting her up one … Ok, I have an old gmail account, so am now looking at setting her up one of those instead - however, another hiccup - when I launch gmail, my account automatically comes up on the page and loads with old emails, etc. I can't see how to sign out of my account to create a new one? Thank you.

Think I have found out how to do it, I was trying to go through gmail, but am now going through google.

click your picture (top right) then sign out

gmail not only has better spam detection/prevention, but a nicer interface, and better security (including 2fa https://www.google.com/landing/2step/)

Gmail scans your emails to target ads (and seriously **** me off doing that) there's one called zoho or just simply outlook.com though it's got quite a small storage space compared to the rest but can't imagine it causing problems. What kind of phone OS do they have? Might help make the decision a little easier

Original Poster

Thank you all for your assistance, sorted now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. putting dry clean only through washing machne98
    2. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset58
    3. Sonos Amazon Echo discount code beg thread56
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet44

See more discussions