how to make / attach an inexpensive privacy screen to a 6' tall garden gate ?

9 replies
Found 9th Feb
Anyone able to suggest where to buy a cheap privacy screen to attach to a 6' tall garden gate, or how to make one cheaply ?

9 Comments

Have you thought about bamboo ? cheap, easy to install, no messing around.

I bought mine from Wilko, really strong and worth the money

Original Poster

What type of screen did you get from Wilko ?

Original Poster

I have been contemplating a reed or bamboo roll, but unsure how durable this would be? Also contemplating a mesh. Or having a piece of wood cut to size .... Perspex... Just not sure what's best !

Buy one of those cheap rollup raffier(?) mats they use at the seaside.

Just so you're aware, there is a height limit of 2m for walls/gates etc. Including any additions e.g. Trellis. Any higher and you will require planning permission. If the wall/fence fronts a road then the height reduces to 1m.

2 metres down the sides and 1 metre across the front wall/fence , although some people have 6 foot high walls or higher all round but I think theyre only allowed if it was built before the height regulations were introduced

Original Poster

Gate is near the back of my house, not fronting a road, and is of legal height, but thanks for the advice.

gk6277

What type of screen did you get from Wilko ?

It's a thin bamboo, really made a difference and a lot more private. Used cable ties to secure in a few places and it's still up with all the wind & rain
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    2. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48
    3. What's this on my neighbours roof?910
    4. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit57

See more discussions