Found 8th Mar 2011
How do you make a complaint against a moderator on here.

I am getting sick of being victimized by sigma

I follow the rules for selling and every time i am about to make a sale she comes along freezes my thread.

The first time for thread bumping which was nothing more than replying to buyers. I did not write bump once but it was closed even though i was selling over 300 dvds at the time so a response would make sense. Common sense or attack from sigma

Now apparently i need to prove with over 300 receipts of dvds i have bought over a 14 year period before my thread will be allowed.

I have not seen her freeze any one else threads and i do not see receipts from other sellers.

Never had a problem with any other moderator. I have always allow a minimum of 7 days before asking a moderator to close the thread before starting a new one as per the rules.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
27 Comments

I have not seen her freeze any one else threads and i do not see receipts from other sellers.

there prob not selling 300

Contact Us at the bottom is what you will be told:
hotukdeals.com/con…act

Don't expect a reply though as they ignore them.

Thing is if my husband was to want to sell his collection of CDs he would have over 500, so I cant see how they expect you to be able to show proof of purchase for each item! My husband doesnt have any receipts for any of his CDs, He doesn't bother to keep them.

The bulk trade was on items identical, these are not identical so the bulk trade rule shouldn't come into it.

This should be in Feedback - reported to be moved

Banned

Stop moaning.

DJ1

Stop moaning.

Wow! oO

Sloth/Mod

It doesn't say you need to provide receipts...........they are asking if you can provide them and also any feedback elsewhere.

Selling hundreds of DVD's with a minimum order of 15 at a time has raised trader alarm bells. I'm not surprised.

If all else fails there is eBay.

Admin

You're welcome to raise a dispute via the contact form, however our FS forum is a free resource, we do ask that members using the forum respect our rules and moderators will always seek clarification on certain matters. You've been selling huge volumes of DVDs, our moderator team are simply asking you to clarify the source to ensure you're selling within FS forum rules and guidelines.

And dcx.. all emails are answered that need answering. Complaints will always be investigated and problems will always be dealt with.
Edited by: "juliet_bravo" 8th Mar 2011

I think what it is is that Sigma maybe suspects that you're buying joblots at, say, 50p a movie and reselling them here at a higher price, which would put you in the category of a trader. But, that aside, I can't say I have much time for Sigma either. Doesn't seem a particularly good mod.

Original Poster

I lived in Canada for 6 months that's where most of my region 1 dvds came from. When i came back i did not know leaving the receipts behind would get me in so much trouble from the mod. I have all email receipts of dvds.

Another problem apparently was because i did not give external feedback.

Is that hotukdeals official rules?
I have feedback from people on here that i have sold some of the dvds too. Now after i have feedback my thread is frozen because i did not put my ebay id up.

davver99

I have not seen her freeze any one else threads and i do not see receipts … I have not seen her freeze any one else threads and i do not see receipts from other sellers. there prob not selling 300

300 dvd's is not a lot and i do have many more just choose to sell theses ones.

Banned

'Now apparently i need to prove with over 300 receipts of dvds i have bought over a 14 year period before my thread will be allowed.'

You had previous threads still open where offers were not replied to and kept opening threads with same items. And the mod only asked if you had a receipt and where you got them, nothing about you needing to prove it with receipts.

Sloth/Mod

Suck up the eBay fees or do a car boot is your only option if you don't wish to comply i'd say.

You need to remember it's not a right to sell on here......just a bonus.

Banned

dcx_badass

Contact Us at the bottom is what you will be … Contact Us at the bottom is what you will be told:http://www.hotukdeals.com/contactDon't expect a reply though as they ignore them.

nope they dont i got a reply within 3 hours when i made a complaint against ASB,i think it was ASB that answered it though so waste of time really...........never heard of anyone having a problem with sigma !

Original Poster

Syzable

It doesn't say you need to provide receipts...........they are asking if … It doesn't say you need to provide receipts...........they are asking if you can provide them and also any feedback elsewhere.Selling hundreds of DVD's with a minimum order of 15 at a time has raised trader alarm bells. I'm not surprised.If all else fails there is eBay.

I am no trader and like i say i have email receipts for online sales. When i bought these dvds they cost a lot more. Some around £15-20. Just with bluerays offering better picture/ sound and now around £5 brand new, dvd prices are very low. I just need to free up the space.

selling 15 at a time like i said in my posts in the past is because i really do not have the time or packaging to go to royal mail and send them off separately. I say 15 minimum so i can just use a courier who gives a tracking code that i can give to the buyer. Simple and quick.

Makes a change from someone moaning about ASB I suppose.....

Btw, just because you don't write "bump" in a post doesn't mean you're not bumping. It looks like your original thread was locked because you had to keep replying with prices because you didn't list any - seems fair tbh.

Also, I'd hardly say you've been victimised - one thread locked for excessive bumping (fair imo) then unlocked when you'd sorted everything out. Then another locked over 4 months later. Paranoid much???

Banned

juliet_bravo

You're welcome to raise a dispute via the contact form, however our FS … You're welcome to raise a dispute via the contact form, however our FS forum is a free resource, we do ask that members using the forum respect our rules and moderators will always seek clarification on certain matters. You've been selling huge volumes of DVDs, our moderator team are simply asking you to clarify the source to ensure you're selling within FS forum rules and guidelines.And dcx.. all emails are answered that need answering. Complaints will always be investigated and problems will always be dealt with.

I've seen numerous FS posts with hundreds of DVDs being sold in job lots. I can remember one a year ago from Spritey. I have no doubt he was just selling his collection (so no need to get your knickers in a twist stritey!), yet he wasn't asked to do this?

Different rules for some?

On the point of your edit... ALL emails should be responded, even if its to say you are doing nothing. Its just bad manners not to and members have no idea you've just blanked them and they end up getting frustrated or posting threads to ask why they are being ignored (or sometimes worse!) Obviously, for those with Mod MSN, life is a little easier I guess!

Its not too much to ask (serious)

You open a thread with the title "hundreds of dvd's for sale"

What did you expect? FS/FT on here allows you to sell a few personal items, what you have is more like a DVD shop!

I have not seen her freeze any one else threads and i do not see receipts … I have not seen her freeze any one else threads and i do not see receipts from other sellers.

And I haven't seen anyone list 300 dvds for sale at one time.

Also sigma merely asked the source, and asked if you have the receipts. Simply reply they are your collection and you don't have the receipts.

Did you try this simple method before you opened a thread claiming you are being bullied?

Edited by: "jonny619447" 8th Mar 2011

+1 for ebay, maybe as a job lot

or as single ones if you have the patience.

beth3735

Wow! oO

Wow Wee!!

Banned

mrplay

I am no trader and like i say i have email receipts for online sales. … I am no trader and like i say i have email receipts for online sales. When i bought these dvds they cost a lot more. Some around £15-20. Just with bluerays offering better picture/ sound and now around £5 brand new, dvd prices are very low. I just need to free up the space. selling 15 at a time like i said in my posts in the past is because i really do not have the time or packaging to go to royal mail and send them off separately. I say 15 minimum so i can just use a courier who gives a tracking code that i can give to the buyer. Simple and quick.

Then you should have just replied to the mods by reporting the thread with this information instead of coming on here to moan

Banned

civms47

Makes a change from someone moaning about ASB I suppose.....Btw, just … Makes a change from someone moaning about ASB I suppose.....Btw, just because you don't write "bump" in a post doesn't mean you're not bumping. It looks like your original thread was locked because you had to keep replying with prices because you didn't list any - seems fair tbh.Also, I'd hardly say you've been victimised - one thread locked for excessive bumping (fair imo) then unlocked when you'd sorted everything out. Then another locked over 4 months later. Paranoid much???

and why do you think they moan about ASB ,sherlock.............
going by your avatar ,i will bet you have never had a problem with him,says it all really.
dafty much???

£311 off Ebay for 300 dvd bundle! Worth a look on there to avoid this hassle.

Admin

RFC

nope they dont i got a reply within 3 hours when i made a complaint … nope they dont i got a reply within 3 hours when i made a complaint against ASB,i think it was ASB that answered it though so waste of time really...........never heard of anyone having a problem with sigma !

Moderators don't have access to the emails actually

Anyway, question here answered; sigma works really hard across Hotukdeals and the only members who have ever complained about her conduct are those who don't feel like they have to respond to her requests, if you don't like being asked these questions then I'm sorry, but because of the massive volume of DVDs you've already sold and continue to sell she did the right thing by asking you where they were all coming from. You could have simply said "I have feedback here (ebay / avforums etc) and these ones are part of my home collection. I'm selling them because I've watched them all" or whatever..

Locking this; follow up complaint via contact form

Edited by: "juliet_bravo" 8th Mar 2011

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie

You had previous threads still open where offers were not replied to and … You had previous threads still open where offers were not replied to and kept opening threads with same items. And the mod only asked if you had a receipt and where you got them, nothing about you needing to prove it with receipts.

which previous thread is open. I followed the rules and closed threads before starting a new one. I can not force any one to buy i can only offer.

hotukdeals.com/for…903
Last comment was from me saying items sent.
hotukdeals.com/for…e=3
Last comment from me saying listing over items on ebay.
hotukdeals.com/for…e=3
I said i had stopped new orders
hotukdeals.com/for…639
Offer which i had said early was to low for whole collection.

Syzable

Suck up the eBay fees or do a car boot is your only option if you don't … Suck up the eBay fees or do a car boot is your only option if you don't wish to comply i'd say.You need to remember it's not a right to sell on here......just a bonus.

I use ebay to sell the dvds once interest drys up between listings. I have sold quite a few on ebay. But people do not really care about dvds to much so sell on both sites but not at the same time.

Anyway my point is why now would i need to give external feedback or did she mention receipts . Why did she not ask for it the first time i made the listing selling the dvds. She froze that thread for Bumping"

Banned

jonny619447

And I haven't seen anyone list 300 dvds for sale at one time.

I didnt need to search FS (I just remembered when he was selling them)....... But here is one selling 151 and no Mod intervention in sight.

Banned

mrplay

I am no trader and like i say i have email receipts for online sales. … I am no trader and like i say i have email receipts for online sales. When i bought these dvds they cost a lot more. Some around £15-20. Just with bluerays offering better picture/ sound and now around £5 brand new, dvd prices are very low. I just need to free up the space. selling 15 at a time like i said in my posts in the past is because i really do not have the time or packaging to go to royal mail and send them off separately. I say 15 minimum so i can just use a courier who gives a tracking code that i can give to the buyer. Simple and quick.

then just send them to a mod. Thats all the mod wanted.

unjustified rant if you ask me

Your thread has been unlocked now, so you can stop moaning.

You was asked for a simple request, what was so hard about responding to that request via the report button.

guv

I didnt need to search FS (I just remembered when he was selling … I didnt need to search FS (I just remembered when he was selling them)....... But here is one selling 151 and no Mod intervention in sight.

The thing is guv, he was only asked the source of the dvds so he only had to respond with "they are my dvd collection" is that so hard?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. EA shuts down Visceral Games.56
  2. word association Game74244871
  3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
  4. Misco about to go into administration912

See more discussions