How to make money-a loophole.

A couple of years ago I was shopping in Tescos and noticed Cod in Parsley sauce was on promotion, buy one get one free, £1.99 for two.
When i walked to the reduced section, the item had been reduced to half price.
I bought 2 of these and took them to the checkout, the first item was scanned at 99p and the second went through at minus £1.99. The till girl bagged the items and promptly handed me one shiny pound.
Needless to say, I loaded my trolley up and made my wasy hastily home, very much in profit!

11 Comments

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i do this as well - doesnt always work - remember ice cream one in asda b4 xmas
dont you just love them!!!!

This always works in Sainsburys too!
When I was a student, a customer of mine made £18 buying reduced bacon!

wow i didnt think thew staff would actually give u the money and the goods...i thought theyd call a supervisor and make a scene!

Original Poster

magicbeans;1971786

wow i didnt think thew staff would actually give u the money and the … wow i didnt think thew staff would actually give u the money and the goods...i thought theyd call a supervisor and make a scene!

They do normally call a supervisor but a deal is a deal:thumbsup:

magicbeans;1971786

wow i didnt think thew staff would actually give u the money and the … wow i didnt think thew staff would actually give u the money and the goods...i thought theyd call a supervisor and make a scene!

So would I, we have done this sort of thing occasionally (usually with innocent smoothies in somerfield) but only with other shopping

You lot are soooooooooo sneaky!!! :whistling:

So the idea is to look for something thats on offer but reduced - and thus making a profit?

suze;1971862

You lot are soooooooooo sneaky!!! :whistling:

We arent, dad just likes them and they seem to be on permanent offer in somerfield and on a saturday afternoon when he goes there are always some reduced! Only the little bottles though, we get paid less than 50p to take them!

kelly_o_fanatic;1971903

We arent, dad just likes them and they seem to be on permanent offer in … We arent, dad just likes them and they seem to be on permanent offer in somerfield and on a saturday afternoon when he goes there are always some reduced! Only the little bottles though, we get paid less than 50p to take them!

Classic! You're brill! :thumbsup:

suze;1971914

Classic! You're brill! :thumbsup:

Thats nothing, we got paid £2.99 to take a tropicana smoothie last week. We ordered online and....

1. Item was supstituted with a flavour we already had so I told the driver we didnt want it.
2. He took the item out of the bag over by the van and processed a refund (which we checked and has gone through) for £2.99
3. Put the shopping away and found that he took the wrong thing, so called up and customer services refunded the item he had taken. They also refunded the item he had left us with.

So we ended up with a 1litre carton of tropicana smoothie, paid for it once, refunded twice. We were paid £2.99 to take it!

kelly_o_fanatic;1971939

Thats nothing, we got paid £2.99 to take a tropicana smoothie last week. … Thats nothing, we got paid £2.99 to take a tropicana smoothie last week. We ordered online and....1. Item was supstituted with a flavour we already had so I told the driver we didnt want it.2. He took the item out of the bag over by the van and processed a refund (which we checked and has gone through) for £2.993. Put the shopping away and found that he took the wrong thing, so called up and customer services refunded the item he had taken. They also refunded the item he had left us with. So we ended up with a 1litre carton of tropicana smoothie, paid for it once, refunded twice. We were paid £2.99 to take it!

Brill!!! :thumbsup: You are a legend! :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again415
    2. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions