How to make slime??

Found 6th Apr
So my kids has asked to make slime after I have said no many times. I really can't do with the hassle of having to run to the shops because they need this or need more of that or looking for borax so can someone please tell me a tried and tested method of making it with ingredients or materials I can easily get hold of. I know there's lots of you tube tutorials, trust me I must have seen a 1000! I just want something that has the right measurements and the right ingredients so they get it right the first few times and I save my kitchen and home from the mess!!!
I'm hoping to send them down with the slime making gear to their grandparents so they can enjoy some quality time together making slime!!!
Please help someone
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Just mix PVA glue and almat liquid detergent from aldi that’s your slime sorted.

Add shaving foam to give it a fluffy consistency and paint for colour
Original Poster
rayanfield8315 m ago

Just mix PVA glue and almat liquid detergent from aldi that’s your slime s …Just mix PVA glue and almat liquid detergent from aldi that’s your slime sorted. Add shaving foam to give it a fluffy consistency and paint for colour

ok any idea of measurements please??
Not sure of measurements. I just use about 200 - 300 ml of glue and add to that. Just add small amounts of almat as you stir
Original Poster
rayanfield838 m ago

Not sure of measurements. I just use about 200 - 300 ml of glue and add to …Not sure of measurements. I just use about 200 - 300 ml of glue and add to that. Just add small amounts of almat as you stir

Thanks and off we go to Aldi
We use the other method of PVA glue, bicarbonate of soda and contact lens solution (containing boric acid).
Never really used measurements, just add as much glue as you want, and a small amount of bicarb with a squeeze of the solution. Mix until it starts coming away from the side of the bowl and use your hands to do the rest (can be a bit sticky but that's part of the fun!)
Just be careful of dropping onto clothing as my daughter managed to ruin one of her dresses by it plopping down on it for a split second!
This was my attempt:33589116-RVfeV.jpg
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 6th Apr
Half a cup of pva glue. Mix 1 teaspoon of laundry starch with 2 tablespoons of warm water. Paint or food colouring to the glue.
Then a teaspoon at a time add the laundry starch mixture, usually takes 3 teaspoons the glue should start to unstick from the sides and form a ball, at this stage pick up and knead, it is messy but then will come together.
Keep in a lidded tub, if it gets on clothes, leave it to dry hard and scrape off.
Cornflour, water and food colouring is probably the cheapest method.
Original Poster
right we did the almat and pva and my daughter said she wanted to add shaving foam and colour and this is what we got...and yes it was a disaster and my kitchens smells like a Gillette ad. Here's what we got33589865-YJICx.jpg
Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for your recipes lol and I'm sure we will be trying the alternatives too as this one we made is a little soft so not sure where we went wrong.
samzam57 m ago

right we did the almat and pva and my daughter said she wanted to add …right we did the almat and pva and my daughter said she wanted to add shaving foam and colour and this is what we got...and yes it was a disaster and my kitchens smells like a Gillette ad. Here's what we got[Image]

Looks like slime to me!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions