Groups

How to make sure you don't get banned from xbox live

Banned
    I'm thinking of flashing my xbox but what are the chances of getting banned, and how do you reduce your chances of getting caught ?

39 Comments

Don't do anything bad?

Original Poster Banned

DarkKnight;6285201

Don't do anything bad?

Bad ?

Make sure it is the latest firmware, make sure the disks are checked with abgx, don't tell anyone and don't play before release date.
    Apparently....

Banned

Chiptivo;6285221

Make sure it is the latest firmware, make sure the disks are checked with … Make sure it is the latest firmware, make sure the disks are checked with abgx, don't tell anyone and don't play before release date.Apparently....

bit obvious but loads of people get caught out that way

Banned

whats your gamertag and ill ask microsoft for you? :-D

Original Poster Banned

Chiptivo;6285221

Make sure it is the latest firmware, make sure the disks are checked with … Make sure it is the latest firmware, make sure the disks are checked with abgx, don't tell anyone and don't play before release date.Apparently....

What does checking your disks with abgx mean and how do I update firmware ? And how could anyone be stupid enough to play before release date

type abgx into google. and maybe also ixtreme if you really don't know about updating firmware.

ryman1000;6285371

What does checking your disks with abgx mean and how do I update firmware … What does checking your disks with abgx mean and how do I update firmware ? And how could anyone be stupid enough to play before release date

Lots of people play before release date and don't get banned, as so many shops sell games before they should. Microsoft won't know if it's a copy you have or a game that a shop sold you early. But I guess to be safe you wouldn't risk it...

Look at how many people are playing NFS Shift on the xbox forums, yet not released until 15th in US.

I have only had my xbox for 7 months from new, will it be risky to flash it (with regards to warrenty)

hassony;6286297

I have only had my xbox for 7 months from new, will it be risky to flash … I have only had my xbox for 7 months from new, will it be risky to flash it (with regards to warrenty)

It will/should void the warrenty, so you better hope not to get any RROD if you flash it

Not if you open it carefully and put the seal back into place intact.

MarzBarz;6286908

Not if you open it carefully and put the seal back into place intact.

how much would it cost me to get someone to do it properly?

hassony;6287216

how much would it cost me to get someone to do it properly?

About £32 including postage return and thats a very good job being done. Seal kept intact and getting rid of dust in the 360.

You can get cheaper jobs like £20-£25 but they break the seal and just flash it quickly.

Also remember when flashing a console you can get banned at anytime.

MarzBarz;6287240

About £32 including postage return and thats a very good job being done. … About £32 including postage return and thats a very good job being done. Seal kept intact and getting rid of dust in the 360.You can get cheaper jobs like £20-£25 but they break the seal and just flash it quickly.Also remember when flashing a console you can get banned at anytime.

thanks bro

Original Poster Banned

hassony;6286297

I have only had my xbox for 7 months from new, will it be risky to flash … I have only had my xbox for 7 months from new, will it be risky to flash it (with regards to warrenty)

I've had mine excatly 7 months to ! Tbh your xbox is unlikely to brake within the next 5 months and even if it does it isn't overely costly to repair it, being new i believe you cant get RROD, so not much else is likely to fail. The reason im flashing my xbox is that games are too expensive and when I weighed up the cost of all the new games coming out soon, HALO , COD , Assasins Creed , Forza etc... I could buy a new xbox anyway

ryman1000;6291494

I've had mine excatly 7 months to ! Tbh your xbox is unlikely to brake … I've had mine excatly 7 months to ! Tbh your xbox is unlikely to brake within the next 5 months and even if it does it isn't overely costly to repair it, being new i believe you cant get RROD, so not much else is likely to fail. The reason im flashing my xbox is that games are too expensive and when I weighed up the cost of all the new games coming out soon, HALO , COD , Assasins Creed , Forza etc... I could buy a new xbox anyway

You do realise that by not paying for games, the developers will then recieve less money therefore not being able to produce more/better games in the future, well done

DarkKnight;6291530

You do realise that by not paying for games, the developers will then … You do realise that by not paying for games, the developers will then recieve less money therefore not being able to produce more/better games in the future, well done

This again :w00t:

strike;6291543

lol great ennit...:pirate:

strike;6291543

Eh?

Original Poster Banned

DarkKnight;6291530

You do realise that by not paying for games, the developers will then … You do realise that by not paying for games, the developers will then recieve less money therefore not being able to produce more/better games in the future, well done

I'm sure they'll survive without my £30. Not many people do this anyway so my 30 odd pound every year to the developers won't make a huge difference. Their loaded as it is

DarkKnight;6291530

DarkKnight;6291579

Eh?

Just happens to pop up in threads about installing or modding consoles. :thumbsup:

ryman1000;6291616

I'm sure they'll survive without my £30. Not many people do this anyway … I'm sure they'll survive without my £30. Not many people do this anyway so my 30 odd pound every year to the developers won't make a huge difference. Their loaded as it is

I ... ahem... acquire stuff. But dude, that's a really lame excuse.

"They're loaded anyway" is a cop out.

Original Poster Banned

sancho1983;6291794

I ... ahem... acquire stuff. But dude, that's a really lame … I ... ahem... acquire stuff. But dude, that's a really lame excuse."They're loaded anyway" is a cop out.

Not really seeing as £30 is alot of money to me to spend on something that they put on cheap flimsy disks that brake all the time. If i spend £30-£40 on something i expect it to be of good quality and thts why really "piddled" me off about games. I've had many games brake that I keep in cases and look after normally and they break :? And anyway why pay for something if you can get it free quite easily. Pffft say what you like, waste your money my money will make absoloutely no difference whatsever to them

Original Poster Banned

yvonne1174;6285289

whats your gamertag and ill ask microsoft for you? :-D

Gamertag : I'veflashedmyxbox23 :thumbsup:

ryman1000;6291616

I'm sure they'll survive without my £30. Not many people do this anyway … I'm sure they'll survive without my £30. Not many people do this anyway so my 30 odd pound every year to the developers won't make a huge difference. Their loaded as it is

It's not just £30 they lose, it's a hell of a lot more people than one, so multiply £30 by a few tens of thousands at least and then you get a more realistic figure than £30

And there are a lot of companies in financial trouble now, so not everyone is "loaded"

DarkKnight;6291940

It's not just £30 they lose, it's a hell of a lot more people than one, … It's not just £30 they lose, it's a hell of a lot more people than one, so multiply £30 by a few tens of thousands at least and then you get a more realistic figure than £30And there are a lot of companies in financial trouble now, so not everyone is "loaded"

Maybe they should consider lowering their prices then.

The music industry has survived for this long..:pirate::pirate:

In a thread about flashed consoles, I don't think any one cares about what u are saying.. :-(

odst is out now boys

leemole101;6292093

odst is out now boys

Been out for a while
    Do not touch the copy, if you want to stay safe

just do it mate, 3 -4 games is the price of a new xbox if the worst happens then just sell the banned one locally for £80 odd your all good

t0mm;6291988

Maybe they should consider lowering their prices then.The music industry … Maybe they should consider lowering their prices then.The music industry has survived for this long..:pirate::pirate:

Prices ARE low, you just have to wait a few months and the price is more than half price

Although the COD series is an exception, that company IS too greedy

strike;6292135

Been out for a whileDo not touch the copy, if you want to stay safe

nah its a proper retail now mate :thumbsup:
    im holding off till release date tho

leemole101;6292154

nah its a proper retail now mate :thumbsup:im holding off till release … nah its a proper retail now mate :thumbsup:im holding off till release date tho

I know but still mate :thumbsup:
    Need to run mine through abgx360

strike;6292160

I know but still mate :thumbsup:Need to run mine through abgx360

thought you ment the dodgy frenchy one, im being good on this though :-D

Original Poster Banned

strike;6292135

Been out for a whileDo not touch the copy, if you want to stay safe

Should be fine offline though shouldn't it ? only thing is its a french version :?

EDIT : Should have read comments further down

ryman1000;6292296

Should be fine offline though shouldn't it ? only thing is its a french … Should be fine offline though shouldn't it ? only thing is its a french version :?

dont bother, there is a proper english version now but if you dont want a ban dont play it even offline untill release :thumbsup:
    as soon as you plug your lead back in it will upload all your playing data up to MS

Original Poster Banned

strike;6292160

I know but still mate :thumbsup:Need to run mine through abgx360

Does abgx just a check on disks to make sure they're stealth patched and working ok ?

ryman1000;6292322

Does abgx just a check on disks to make sure they're stealth patched and … Does abgx just a check on disks to make sure they're stealth patched and working ok ?

it checks the iso and if its not patched it will patch it (if released)

If u played the French halo info will be stored in the NAND chip and u will be flagged for a ban, that version is even worse than the gears 2 p2p one was when that came out early, which ofcorse, got millions banned.

The allstars one says retail, usually trust them so playing now should be ok as long as when it comes to verifying it with abgx, no fixes were needed. A week early is fine.. But to be sure, always wait for a verified version, or have a banned box handy to play it on
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming PC £700 / £800 budget33
      2. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?11
      3. advice needed on dumbell weight training please11
      4. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget44

See more discussions