How to make those goddamn VOB files play?! (SORTED)

13 replies
Found 31st Jan 2009
I have a pile of VOB + IFO + BUP files from a DVD rip.

The furthest I can get is playing individual video segments (VOB files) in Media Player Classic without sound. Windows Media Player doesn't recognise them at all.

What's the simplest way to play them properly? * Thanks *

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Original Poster

boydent999;4241345

Download VLC player

Thanks - doing that now. Will let you know if it works :thumbsup:

Banned

Why not just play the DVD in a DVD player......?

VLC should be fine, any DVD playing program (PowerDVD, WinDVD) should work with them too - you just put them in file mode and point them to the vob.

John

u get my pm?

Original Poster

DanJackson;4241380

Why not just play the DVD in a DVD player......?

Cause I'm awkward DanJackson - one of those :pirate: that I know you love so much :thumbsup:

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4241390

Cause I'm awkward DanJackson - one of those :pirate: that I know you love … Cause I'm awkward DanJackson - one of those :pirate: that I know you love so much :thumbsup:

Oh of course! I should have guessed!

Piracy! LOLZ!

Keep it up then.

Original Poster

boydent999;4241345

Download VLC player

Liddle ol' me;4241365

Thanks - doing that now. Will let you know if it works :thumbsup:

many thanks boydent999 - works a treat! :-D

Banned

boydent999;4241345

Download VLC player

Yo -long time no see!:thumbsup:

Do you think we'll be playing each other again next season?:p

Woooaaa. We've pulled it back to 2-2. (I was talking about the championship when I started to type!)

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;4241386

VLC should be fine, any DVD playing program (PowerDVD, WinDVD) should … VLC should be fine, any DVD playing program (PowerDVD, WinDVD) should work with them too - you just put them in file mode and point them to the vob.John

Cheers John - sorry missed your post before. :thumbsup:

guv;4241535

Yo -long time no see!:thumbsup:Do you think we'll be playing each other … Yo -long time no see!:thumbsup:Do you think we'll be playing each other again next season?:pWoooaaa. We've pulled it back to 2-2. (I was talking about the championship when I started to type!)

Now then Guv

If there was a copper on here, i could get done for loitering with intent lol
Football, i dunno i give up at times.

"1601: Don't worry goal fans, Darren Bent is coming on at the Reebok."
16:33: Jussi Jaaskelainen parries Wilson Palacios' shot straight into the path of Darren Bent, who slams in the equaliser. I told you didn't I (see 1601)?

Gotta love bbc

@Liddle, good to hear it's all working for you
Vlc should be a staple for most folks who use their pc for more than just using Office and MSN.

Banned

boydent999;4241622

Now then Guv :)If there was a copper on here, i could get done for … Now then Guv :)If there was a copper on here, i could get done for loitering with intent lol :pFootball, i dunno i give up at times."1601: Don't worry goal fans, Darren Bent is coming on at the Reebok."16:33: Jussi Jaaskelainen parries Wilson Palacios' shot straight into the path of Darren Bent, who slams in the equaliser. I told you didn't I (see 1601)? Gotta love bbc

I should have shut up! I make it a habit of not crowing about a game in play. I blame you!:p

They were there for the taking TBH.

vlc
put the relevant vobs in a queue(make sure in order)
play
voila
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1847
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.714
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993247
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769450

See more discussions