Expired

How to Move / Force Apps to SD card on Android (samsung kids tab 3) No Root Needed

Found 23rd Jan 2016
Need help to do the above. iv downloaded sdk tools ect but cmd part not working ?
Community Updates
25 Comments
You need to root. It's not supported any other way. The only way you can do it without root is to have a device running Android 6.0 - in which case you can set the SD to be converted for use as internal storage.
Original Poster
oh how do you root without busting it
One of my program managers I have on mine gives you the option to move apps to sd card so I assume you don't need to root it, I have an s5 with android 5
westy125

One of my program managers I have on mine gives you the option to move … One of my program managers I have on mine gives you the option to move apps to sd card so I assume you don't need to root it, I have an s5 with android 5

Some apps let you move them to SD on earlier versions of Android, but often only the basic files are moved and any cached content is still stored internally.
apps2sd app.
Original Poster
dereklogan7

apps2sd app.

will they play ? as it says on mine back up to sd?
so do i delete from then tablet and it will be on the sd?
It moves the files to sd so no need to delete. CM cleaner or similar will delete any left over trash.
Original Poster
ok i tried it and moved about 10 apps but memory's the same on both as if nothings happened?
Original Poster
also the list that says apps that can be moved then sd card then only rom. the sd bit is empty still ?
there an app called link2sd. only found this out yesterday when I could not install any apps on my tablet.
Internal memory was full but it had a rom and that was 26GB free and also an sd card that was 30 gb free.

Its quite a famous app and it did move most of the apps. They do have a paid version but the free one was good enough for me. click me
Edited by: "shabbird" 23rd Jan 2016
Original Poster
shabbird

there an app called link2sd. only found this out yesterday when I could … there an app called link2sd. only found this out yesterday when I could not install any apps on my tablet.Internal memory was full but it had a rom and that was 26GB free and also an sd card that was 30 gb free.Its quite a famous app and it did move most of the apps. They do have a paid version but the free one was good enough for me. click me

will give it ago thanks, let you no
Original Poster
no none of them seem to work for me on either tablet as me children have 1 each
My app mover of choice is AppMgr 3, also known as App 2 SD.
It's power is significantly increased by a tweak that does not need root (so far only tried on a 4.2 device)
https://techgage.com/article/moving_your_non-movable_android_apps_to_an_sd_card/
NB. Using the tweak can make some apps movable that will not function correctly - do not move your current launcher, as it will no longer load by default, also do not move Play services (though that may only become movable if it was not originally present). There are limitations to some other apps if moved - do not move anything that provides an on screen widget.
sassychick5

no none of them seem to work for me on either tablet as me children have … no none of them seem to work for me on either tablet as me children have 1 each

awww sorry this didn't work for you. Hope you find a solution soon.
If it's the tweak that you are trying to apply (mentioning SDK tools), don't forget to turn on USB debugging.

The tweak increases the scope of the built-in "move to SD" capability - this feature is also used to implement moving by AppMgr III - some apps still remain unmovable.

Devices also vary in how they show the app list for "apps on SD" - some just show the apps that are, others show all the apps that can be, with checkboxes for those that are - in that style, marking the checkbox will move the app.
sassychick5

no none of them seem to work for me on either tablet as me children have … no none of them seem to work for me on either tablet as me children have 1 each

Works on my sony, Lg and Lenovo. Must be your Sammy.
Original Poster
ok, i did the usb debugging still no hope. Its 2 different tabs im trying to do it to, same model. annoying! will keep trying. thanks
sassychick5

ok, i did the usb debugging still no hope. Its 2 different tabs im trying … ok, i did the usb debugging still no hope. Its 2 different tabs im trying to do it to, same model. annoying! will keep trying. thanks

Samsung switched off the capability on JB. You have to root the devices although remember some apps may not work like banking though doubt you care on a kids tablet lol!
Rooting instructions here.
ibtimes.co.uk/roo…001
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts

Samsung switched off the capability on JB. You have to root the devices … Samsung switched off the capability on JB. You have to root the devices although remember some apps may not work like banking though doubt you care on a kids tablet lol! Rooting instructions here. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/root-install-cwm-recovery-galaxy-tab-3-7-0-kids-sm-t2105-1433001

haha not unless theres something there not telling me will have a look and let you no
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts

Samsung switched off the capability on JB. You have to root the devices … Samsung switched off the capability on JB. You have to root the devices although remember some apps may not work like banking though doubt you care on a kids tablet lol! Rooting instructions here. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/root-install-cwm-recovery-galaxy-tab-3-7-0-kids-sm-t2105-1433001

Hey, done it a few times i do the odin part get a pass but then nothing, no recovery will load just switches back on or says samsung the blank...
sassychick5

Hey, done it a few times i do the odin part get a pass but then nothing, … Hey, done it a few times i do the odin part get a pass but then nothing, no recovery will load just switches back on or says samsung the blank...

So you get the green pass, unplug the device then do the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together and it just boots normally without going into recovery.
Or do you not get the pass green box message.

PS. I will reply later tonight as I'm afraid I have to head to work now! Ohh can you also put in your exact model number and OS build etc from the about option in the settings please.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 28th Jan 2016
Original Poster
yes i get the pass then do this ( do the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together and it just boots normally without going into recovery) :*( and ok no worries thanks for your help
Original Poster
ok, i left it for a few hours went back and the recovery came up, i installed the zip on sd like the web link said. Now i cant get on play store or send things from playstore on pc? nothing seems to have changed.
model. sm-t2105 android version. 4.1.2 . kernel version. 3.4.5-1486044-user
sassychick5

ok, i left it for a few hours went back and the recovery came up, i … ok, i left it for a few hours went back and the recovery came up, i installed the zip on sd like the web link said. Now i cant get on play store or send things from playstore on pc? nothing seems to have changed. model. sm-t2105 android version. 4.1.2 . kernel version. 3.4.5-1486044-user

What does it say when you try to access play store - does the app open but show just a connection failed and retry button?
Try side-loading Play Store. Download APK and place onto your card, use file explorer or such to navigate to apk and touch to install.
androidapksfree.com/apk…ad/

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants