How to move just the contacts from W10 mobile to Android without syncing and getting a load of old/duplicate numbers?

Found 30th Dec 2017
I have got a Nokia 3 and put the sim from my W10 in and transfered the contacts to the Nokia .At some point it has synced a load of old/duplicate numbers via something (Gmail?).
If I reset to get rid of all contacts is there an easy way of just getting the contacts I want without then getting all the old ones that are not needed?
Thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronicsMobile
4 Comments
Gmail is your goggle account. Gmail is Google email account. Go to pc or on phone and log in to your Google account with browser. Goto Google contacts. There is a function under the menu to show duplicate contacts and remove or merge them. Merge means put them together , so if you had you dads email set. And another called dad with mobile number. And another as dad with landline number it will give you the option to merge the 3 into one contact entry
Original Poster
wayners54 m ago

Gmail is your goggle account. Gmail is Google email account. Go to pc or …Gmail is your goggle account. Gmail is Google email account. Go to pc or on phone and log in to your Google account with browser. Goto Google contacts. There is a function under the menu to show duplicate contacts and remove or merge them. Merge means put them together , so if you had you dads email set. And another called dad with mobile number. And another as dad with landline number it will give you the option to merge the 3 into one contact entry

Ah I see so duplicates can be merged.Apart from removing old contacts can I stop Gmail from syncing contacts?
Thanks for the help
Settings. Other accounts. Google.. You should see a list i
Of what's synced so remove tick from contacts.. Sounds to me you have a number of accounts with contacts synced. I have 3 accounts where all my contacts are synced. Hotmail. Google. Xiaomi. I don't worry about it as have about 500+ numbers and emails and growing. You can stop the sync though if you want or just select 1 account to sync
Original Poster
Yes there are @6 devices all linked to one Gmail account .I have sorted the duplicates as suggested Now need to make sure all devices are unsynced.
Once again thanks for the easy to follow advice .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions