***Updated***How to remove pipe from the valve

Posted 15th Sep
Hi all thanks - managed to open the valves using two spanners, now how do I remove the pipe from the valves?
3294646.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
38467248-YylVT.jpg
If you're trying to open them to let the water flow again you use a screwdriver where I have marked in Pink.
The screw head type in the middle opens and closes the valve allowing the water in and out, the screw head should be pointing straight up. Just use a screw driver to move the screw head.
Edited by: "eslick" 15th Sep
I think we've pulled delboy, keep it cool, keep it cool.Del, Del, where's he gone then........!
SuperDuperMart15/09/2019 16:25

[Image] If you're trying to open them to let the water flow again you use …[Image] If you're trying to open them to let the water flow again you use a screwdriver where I have marked in Pink.

Thanks and updated my question above
esar15/09/2019 16:39

I think we've pulled delboy, keep it cool, keep it cool.Del, Del, where's …I think we've pulled delboy, keep it cool, keep it cool.Del, Del, where's he gone then........!

You have been an angel always helping me, bail me out of this mess! Please
eslick15/09/2019 16:26

The screw head type in the middle opens and closes the valve allowing the …The screw head type in the middle opens and closes the valve allowing the water in and out, the screw head should be pointing straight up. Just use a screw driver to move the screw head.

Updated my question above. Please help again
you need 2 spanners. one on each of the top two hexagonal fittings. hold the bottom one still and turn the top one to unscrew.

Have some rags/old towel wrapped around the bottom of the pipes because water will leak.
Edited by: "mas99" 15th Sep
You've changed your post again - what are you now wanting to do? the whole length of flexy and the fittings (what your latest pic shows you holding) are a single item - they dont come apart any further
mas9915/09/2019 18:14

You've changed your post again - what are you now wanting to do? the …You've changed your post again - what are you now wanting to do? the whole length of flexy and the fittings (what your latest pic shows you holding) are a single item - they dont come apart any further

You are right. I am a novice and was trying to fix a leak. Thanks to all of you I managed to unscrew the valves and detect the leak. You are right they come fitted and hence have now ordered a new tap. To be honest advise from you and few others helped me save £75 just call out charges to plumber. That’s really great thanks to all..
mas9915/09/2019 17:30

you need 2 spanners. one on each of the top two hexagonal fittings. …you need 2 spanners. one on each of the top two hexagonal fittings. hold the bottom one still and turn the top one to unscrew.Have some rags/old towel wrapped around the bottom of the pipes because water will leak.

It worked just like you guided..thanks a ton
This is why when making any alterations to our property we tend to save components description numbers, brand, instructions etc & laminate them then store them in a taped folder in an access door for the cistern (for instance).

Saves divvng around, folk have some details they can chase up rather than bad guesses & pleas for help on the internet that then go over multiple threads.

Hope you bought some PTFE tape for firm "just in case" seating of the new & likely unnecessary tap.
Now take what you have learnt & teach someone else..
Same as in he kitchen I have pushfit braided connectors, again a storage container nearby with the removal tool etc, ..then they are there ready for use in future.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 16th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants