hoo you mean VLC player,

yep

Original Poster

barky

yep

don't have vlc player
but just looked at this all supported formats. but its not on the list,
videolan.org/vlc…tml

MSWMM files are not video files, they are Windows Movie Maker project files. Open it with Windows Movie Maker
, then export a video file.

copy pasted from elsewhere-not my info btw

barky

MSWMM files are not video files, they are Windows Movie Maker project … MSWMM files are not video files, they are Windows Movie Maker project files. Open it with Windows Movie Maker, then export a video file.copy pasted from elsewhere-not my info btw

This is correct, the problem is the file doesn't contain any of the actual video or source content as this file simply stores timing, transitions etc. - it won't work unless it has the source video, music, photos etc. available in the same location. It's a bit like an html file, if you try and load it without the media content available where the file says it is, you'll just get a lot of missing information. To produce the proper video you have to export (or publish I think Moviemaker calls it) and choose a video type which will then result in a standard video file.

Where did this file come from? It really needs to be opened on the original PC it was created on or alternatively it needs all the media it uses copied to the same location as the original set up used.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763960
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions