Groups

How to push AOL e-mail to my phone?

Does anyone know how I can get my mobile to alert me when I have received an e-mail on my AOL account? I want to be able to switch alerts off (for when I am at home) or on (for when I am away from a computer).

I already have the phone set up to view my e-mails, but I want an automatic alert when one has been received.

Anyone know how coz I've searched the AOL site in vain for any help.

Thanks

9 Comments

BTW i found that info by pressing ctrl+k and typing in keywords such as email,phone,AOL,hope that helps.

What phone you got?

Original Poster

Spriggan;7996721

What phone you got?

Nokia

Original Poster

deb8z;7996700

Have a look here … Have a look here :http://help.aol.co.uk/alerts-and-reminders/article/20060802094409990008?n=collection&p=Whats%20the%20difference%20between%20an%20alert%20and%20email?%20help_portal&c=help_portal

Can see something about being alerted when receiving an email from a specified address, but nothing about being alerted to any new mail. And even the first one takes you to a broken link, unfortunately.

virus;7996886

Can see something about being alerted when receiving an email from a … Can see something about being alerted when receiving an email from a specified address, but nothing about being alerted to any new mail. And even the first one takes you to a broken link, unfortunately.

I posted that link so you could find the most appropriate one,this one is on there,isn't this it:?

help.aol.co.uk/how…tal

If you click on my alerts it say something about adding a mobile phone.

alerts.aol.co.uk/ar/….ev

Original Poster

If you click on my alerts it say something about adding a mobile … If you click on my alerts it say something about adding a mobile phone.http://alerts.aol.co.uk/ar/alerts/index.ev

It may do for you, all I get is : the service you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable

And when I did get through and tried to add a mobile phone I got:

[COLOR=red]We are sorry...[/COLOR]
    The system is currently having difficulties and we cannot continue. This error did not occur because of anything you or your computer did.Please try again. If this problem persists, please try again later.We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.
    Will keep trying. Thanks

virus;7996975

It may do for you, all I get is : the service you are trying to reach is … It may do for you, all I get is : the service you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable Will keep trying. Thanks

Oops that's aol for ya lol

Original Poster

AOL responded to my e-mail query thus:

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Unfortunately this is not something that we support so we cannot offer you any steps to resolve your query. We do not support email usage through mobile devices. [/SIZE][/FONT]

So there you are.

I suppose I need something like Thunderbird for mobiles
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1124
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2961036
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33177
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764571

See more discussions