Groups

How to read this meter please?

I was supposed to photograph a gas meter reading for my neighbour. Apparently, it was wrong. Could anybody tell me how I can get the gas meter reading from this same machine please? Photo will appear in the first response.

16 Comments

I guess it depends on the type of meter. Mine is read using the first set of numbers and the ones on the end are not used

Original Poster

Thank you. It's one from SSE with the letter Elster on top and you cycle from R1 to ??? But it is supposed for GAS. I've got Imp.1 01022 kwh R1, Apparently, I have done the electric one instead. You need to press one gray button to cycle through the R1... etc

Original Poster

http://i.imgur.com/xsn0VhT.jpg

you need to put the card in and press the button till the meter display appears. If you don't have the card, you cant do it.

Original Poster

Oh, I have to ask the neighbour for the card and try again tomorrow. Thank you so much!

I don't think you will get a gas meter reading from an electric meter. There will be a separate meter for the gas supply.

R1,R2 etc are for the different rates like on an economy 7 metering.

Original Poster

I might have made a mistake. I need to visit my neighbour again tomorrow!

Yes you have. The neighbour will have 2 meters one for gas and one for electric. You need to read the other one!

The one pictured is an electric meter as it has kwh (kilowatt hour) written on it. The gas meter is a different one and will have something like cubic feet on it as gas is measured in cubic feet use.

Made me smile

Original Poster

Funny thing is that I have already taken a photo of the electric and this one is a bit lower down. I sent the reading to another company which told me that it was not a valid reading. My son said the same.

aym280

Funny thing is that I have already taken a photo of the electric and this … Funny thing is that I have already taken a photo of the electric and this one is a bit lower down. I sent the reading to another company which told me that it was not a valid reading. My son said the same.

Post the photo of the electric meter higher up.

if you are unsure which meter you are looking at then ask for the serial number from the supplier, that way you can check you are looking at the correct one.

if it helps, the gas meter will have a metal handle so that you can isolate the gas in the event of an emergency​

Original Poster

Bob24601

if you are unsure which meter you are looking at then ask for the serial … if you are unsure which meter you are looking at then ask for the serial number from the supplier, that way you can check you are looking at the correct one.if it helps, the gas meter will have a metal handle so that you can isolate the gas in the event of an emergency​

I did post a similar electric meter earlier. This one is lower down and at first I thought there was no gas meter. Now I have to go to his house again and he has 3 adult children with one posing like a dolly bird with 22000+ views on google. I ask you.
    I couldn't even talk to him and had to write on a piece of paper all the times.

Original Poster

Got the right one with a handle. Thank you, Bob!

Not a problem, glad you found it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2226
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767293
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1934
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347

See more discussions