How to record one channel and watch another?

Found 5th Apr 2009
Dear all,

I have a brand new Samsung DVD-SR275, an LG 32 inch TV and a Virgin Media box to receive the channels. I am trying to do something quite easy which is to record one channel whilst watching another. Unfortunately, it appears that I can only record the AV1 channel which is also the channel i am watching. Therefore I am unable to record any channel other than the one I'm watching.

Am i missing something obvious or can i really only record the channel I'm watching???

All advice appreciated

1. Misc
  2. Watch
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Watch
6 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. I'm shocked that this cannot be done. Bring back the trusty VCR - all is forgiven!

Original Poster

So its all down to the dingle tuner. How much does a double tuner DVD recorder cost then? Can you point out a good one?
Thanks
C

its not the recorder thats the problem its the fact your using virgin. You either have to upgrade to virgin plus, or get a roof aerial and watch freeview instead.

starsparkle2311;4834289

I think you need to re-read the OP, his recorder IS the problem

But if he is recording from virgin surely its the single tuner in the virgin box thats the issue not the freeview/analogue tuner in the recorder?

But I do still have a horrible hangover so that could be confusing me lol

the2ocan;4834320

But if he is recording from virgin surely its the single tuner in the … But if he is recording from virgin surely its the single tuner in the virgin box thats the issue not the freeview/analogue tuner in the recorder? But I do still have a horrible hangover so that could be confusing me lol

no you are quite right, without a virgin plus box he can only record one channel at a time from virgin.
If the recorder has a freeview tuner built in he can then record from a freeview source and watch a virgin channel but the wiring setup may need to be altered.
Post a comment
@
    Text