How to reduce speed of water flow for bathroom/kitchen tap?

Posted 18th Oct
I have to ensure the taps are open a quarter way to use water sensibly other the speed is to fast and splashes a lot.

New visitors always gets a mini shower as they use the taps without realising the water output speed.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Check under the sink should be an isolation value, just turn it down a until you get the flow required.Will look like either of these and just follow the pipe from the tap till you find it
38698127-Ha4Tj.jpg38698127-JKqfs.jpg
Edited by: "thomasleep" 19th Oct
15 Comments
Have you seen those aerators that you can screw onto the end of the tap? They also reduce the flow. I know our Thames water used to give them away for free as a water saving initiative.
predatormc18/10/2019 23:15

Have you seen those aerators that you can screw onto the end of the tap? …Have you seen those aerators that you can screw onto the end of the tap? They also reduce the flow. I know our Thames water used to give them away for free as a water saving initiative.

I have them. However I have a single mixer and whenever you release the water halfway the flow speed is too much. Isn't there a flow/speed control which one can manage?
redserpent18/10/2019 23:18

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waternymph-Solid-Brass-Kitchen-Aerator/dp/B078J9FNMV/ref=sr_1_16?crid=39T0UGU9Q2MJV&keywords=tap+aerators&qid=1571437042&sprefix=tap+aera,aps,163&sr=8-16Try the Waternympth.

Have something similar provided by Essex water. Reduces water but speed is the issue.
As mention. Aerators, specifically flow limiters are a couple of quid and you fit them in seconds if it’s a normal tap.

ebay.co.uk/itm…UiB
Check under the sink should be an isolation value, just turn it down a until you get the flow required.Will look like either of these and just follow the pipe from the tap till you find it
38698127-Ha4Tj.jpg38698127-JKqfs.jpg
Edited by: "thomasleep" 19th Oct
The 6L flow one should only let through 6L a min. You might be able to get 4. Maybe the one you have is more than 4/6
You don't need to buy anything there's a valve somewhere. Our toilets would be very slow to fill tank up once and we got homeserve in and they just twisted it and went back to normal. Our one looks like this Link. We have one for the kitchen sink, toilet, bathroom sink etc but it wasn't those ones, it was one located upstairs the main one.
thomasleep19/10/2019 00:05

Check under the sink should be an isolation value, just turn it down a …Check under the sink should be an isolation value, just turn it down a until you get the flow required.Will look like either of these and just follow the pipe from the tap till you find it [Image] [Image]

Thanks that did the trick!

I managed to do it for the cold tap where I just turned it a little and noticed the speed reduce to a more manageable level. Unfortunately the hot vale moved it bit but made no difference. The said valve don't turn further so I think it needs replacing as a I also noticed the gap where you place the flat head screwdriver is wider and bit worn out. I tried putting all my effort and still no luck.

Worked like a charm with the kitchen taps.

As we are on the meter hopefully this small adjustment will save us few quids over the year.
Might be simpler than you think for the hot, check this out (cobber) youtube.com/wat…_sI
If it is all taps can you not turn the stopcock to alter the flow or else the entry supply in the road (you'll need a special tool for that and may be better to ask a plumber of the water board)?
As you both suffer a similiar amount of issues, ask @mutley1 who will have come across this issue before for sure.
Received a whole load of water saving products for free including Aerators from water company. Have a look to see if the company servicing your area has a similar scheme.
Happens in the parents .
I just adjust the stopcock so the correct pressure comes through .
yozzman123419/10/2019 19:04

Happens in the parents . I just adjust the stopcock so the correct …Happens in the parents . I just adjust the stopcock so the correct pressure comes through .

It will wear over time potentially no longer working as a stop cock
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants