How to register a iPhone SIM

Banned
I have an unlocked Huawei E160 USB Modem that I want to use with an iPhone PAYG SIM I bought off eBay. To get the iPhone SIM and E160 to work together I have to 'register' the iPhone SIM. I don't have an iPhone and possibly don't even know someone who has one .

How can I register the iPhone SIM to get free WiFi/3g? What's the process on the iPhone? Do I ust pop it in and hand over some card details? Maybe I could pop into somewhere like carphone warehouse and see if I could get them to do it? or someone down the local market .
If I do use a friends iPhone to register my PAYG SIM on their iPhone and I later get caught for breaking T&Ts will my friend get his iPhone blocked or something?

5 Comments

You do it from the iPhone, if you don't have an iphone. . . I have no idea. I 'think' it links the iPhones imei tothe acc, but I can't remember, sorry.

I know that O2 don't like iphone accs being used without an iphone, so they make it difficult

Put the sim in a phone and top it up with £10. That's all you need to do. Then put it in the dongle.
You may need some settings changing on the dashboard software.
Message me if it doesn't log you on.

Do exactly as radiocde said .... then sit back and wait for the text from O2 warning you about not using your SIM in an iPhone and then the next text telling you they have removed your unlimited web and WiFi. For more information go to o2.co.uk/ter…ons

john

usenetz;5050303

Do exactly as radiocde said .... then sit back and wait for the text from … Do exactly as radiocde said .... then sit back and wait for the text from O2 warning you about not using your SIM in an iPhone and then the next text telling you they have removed your unlimited web and WiFi. For more information go to http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditionsjohn

Reports suggest this is pot luck. Random if you get caught out or not but worth a punt I'd say

need to use an iphone via itunes or you will have blown it!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again614
    2. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2073
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124

See more discussions