How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?

Found 24th Sep 2017
Is this possible? Their retention team is offering nothing worth taking but their new customer deals are not bad after cashback.

Anyone done this before?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Why do you have to stay with them? Vodafone is dirt cheap at the moment

From what I've read on previous deals, others have been successful in signing up to a new contract in the same name by simply using a different email address - or putting a full stop anywhere in the email address before '@' if it's Gmail.

This^ only works if your not bothered about losing your landline number.

You can sign up as a new customer anytime and take over your own line,the new account will cease the old account*,
You will end up with a new number and new equipemt etc but if it's cheaper you can do it, you don't have to change any details either, same email address and same name on the new account is perfectly fine.

* Standalone products such as BT Sports on Sky or BT Mobile would remain active and require manually cancelled with 30 days notice.

If it's for deals you'll need a new name. I've tried to sign up with sky as a new customer but because it would be with same name and address I could have a new account but no deals ie free broadband for a year

weerob8811 h, 32 m ago

If it's for deals you'll need a new name. I've tried to sign up with sky …If it's for deals you'll need a new name. I've tried to sign up with sky as a new customer but because it would be with same name and address I could have a new account but no deals ie free broadband for a year

The OP is rejoining BT not Sky, so my previous reply is correct and it can be the same name, applying in a fake name is also fraud as it's a credit agreement.

Original Poster

PKRichie3 m ago

The OP is rejoining BT not Sky, so my previous reply is correct and it can …The OP is rejoining BT not Sky, so my previous reply is correct and it can be the same name, applying in a fake name is also fraud as it's a credit agreement.

As far as I understand resigning with them will cost me my landline number which is a no go.

pcangeldust38 m ago

As far as I understand resigning with them will cost me my landline number …As far as I understand resigning with them will cost me my landline number which is a no go.

Correct as I mentioned above, rejoining to get a new customer deals mean you will be a brand new customer, so you'll have a new number and new equipment plus any new setup costs.
It is still possible to keep the old number as it will be placed in quarantine for 6 months before being reused, BT can for a fee attempt to get the number back however it's not guranteed so if it's that important, don't risk it.

If you've been with BT for many years mention this, tell them you want that loyalty rewarded and ask about longer promotions like 18 or 24 month deals.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants