Groups

How to remove an assoicate from credit report?

I just got my credit report the other day and although I have closed all the accounts I had with my ex husband he is listed as my "associate" ie someone who I still have a financial relationship with. Does anyone know how I can remove him? I have a good credit rating (well no debt) but he doesnt and I dont want to be associated with him. Any help gratefully received!

8 Comments

You need to submit a Notice of Disassociation to each of the credit reference agencies.

Original Poster

I contacted equifax online (made a dispute last thursday) but not heard back from them yet.

Steven...how do I do that? Is there a special form? Thanks

bargainhunter2009;4659011

I contacted equifax online (made a dispute last thursday) but not heard … I contacted equifax online (made a dispute last thursday) but not heard back from them yet.Steven...how do I do that? Is there a special form? Thanks

Heres the info on it.... ]https//ne…562

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4659027

No you don't need a special form, it's done online for both and you will … No you don't need a special form, it's done online for both and you will hear within 28 days. I know as I have just done it for my mum

ah ok thanks...but I got a 30 day free trial and I want to cancel it! Can I do it even if I dont have a subscription with them? Thanks

bargainhunter2009;4659050

ah ok thanks...but I got a 30 day free trial and I want to cancel it! Can … ah ok thanks...but I got a 30 day free trial and I want to cancel it! Can I do it even if I dont have a subscription with them? Thanks

Yes, the 30 day trial has nothing at all to do with any actions you want to carry out on your credit report.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4659087

Yes I went online and asked for an associate to be taken off, this was … Yes I went online and asked for an associate to be taken off, this was after ordering her statuory £2 report through the post. It takes upto 28 days for them to reply though.

Thanks I will cancel subscription and then apply for the £2ones from Equifax and Experian...if one agency removes it will it remove it on both? Or should I contact them both?

Repped tinkerbell and steven

bargainhunter2009;4659119

Thanks I will cancel subscription and then apply for the £2ones from … Thanks I will cancel subscription and then apply for the £2ones from Equifax and Experian...if one agency removes it will it remove it on both? Or should I contact them both? Repped tinkerbell and steven

You need to contact each agency for any actions you want to carry out against your credit file. They dont automatically update each other.

Original Poster

Thanks again!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened68
      2. Xbox One S or Xbox One X88
      3. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?56
      4. Cheapest Fifa 18 Digital code?22

See more discussions