Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

How to remove glue from car paintwork

Posted 22nd Nov 2014
I suffered some vandalism with some idiots pouring adhesive from nearby building site over car wing. It possibly looks like the kind used for modeling kits. Any ideas on how to remove it, its dried hard now obviously.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Do you think this may work?
hot air gun if its van logos
deleted929883
Autoglym tar & glue remover will shift it no problemo.

This product can be found in Halfords or most motor factors.
deleted929883
Ignore my previous post.

Can you upload a picture of the damage?
Hot air gun and any oil rubbed in (requires some work), when it's hot rub oil on top of it in circle motion and keep going until it all comes off make sure to keep the surface hot. it will start coming of in particles, cooking oil should work

Good luck
[img][/img]

That's its condition

Edited by: "mudddy" 22nd Nov 2014
mudddy

[/url][/img]That's its condition

It's made me angry just seeing that picture.

Rule number 1 - never touch anothers car. penalty=death by bovver boot.

Edited by: "Musician" 22nd Nov 2014
I am a spray painter . Just use solvent base degreaser .you can pick it up from any autoshop or hhalford for cheap just rub it over it for a few minutes with a cloth and wipe of with a clean cloth then give it a we polish afterwords to return the shine to the car
declannn

I am a spray painter . Just use solvent base degreaser .you can pick it … I am a spray painter . Just use solvent base degreaser .you can pick it up from any autoshop or hhalford for cheap just rub it over it for a few minutes with a cloth and wipe of with a clean cloth then give it a we polish afterwords to return the shine to the car

For example
Tried to give a link but am new so it will not let me send links haha. But upol panel wipe for example if ideal for this to clean it up
declannn

Tried to give a link but am new so it will not let me send links haha. … Tried to give a link but am new so it will not let me send links haha. But upol panel wipe for example if ideal for this to clean it up

Thanks this sounds like a possibility, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Nail vanish remover
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants