How to remove those annoying red security tags found in dvds in less than 40 seconds

Handy video here for anyone who has recently bought a dvd and found a red tag inside it but cant make it back to the shop

Daniel

Link below

youtube.com/wat…bzE

p.s yes its my video so its me talking

38 Comments

Link please ta!

I thought this maybe a new thing, bought a £3 dvd from tesco and has this.

I wanna see, wheres the link

Original Poster

NattyD;5991553

Link please ta!I thought this maybe a new thing, bought a £3 dvd from … Link please ta!I thought this maybe a new thing, bought a £3 dvd from tesco and has this.

wincey;5991554

I wanna see, wheres the link

Sorry i forgot to post it ha ha youtube.com/wat…bzE

Original Poster

bumped for link

wicked!

Thanks for that, I managed half before I saw this, but do not buy many Dvds so just thought it was something new to the Dvds, but shouldnt they take these off anyway, we bought another dvd which was £3 and in a plastic case and they took the case off that, so Tesco could have done it at the same time!! Rep added!

Original Poster

massmail666;5991766

wow cool, cheers mate. just off to asda now with my pink … wow cool, cheers mate. just off to asda now with my pink screw-driver.P.S. ur accent has a hint of aussie!

aussie wtf i was born in london, my mums from cumbria and my dads from wales :whistling:

Original Poster

NattyD;5991794

Thanks for that, I managed half before I saw this, but do not buy many … Thanks for that, I managed half before I saw this, but do not buy many Dvds so just thought it was something new to the Dvds, but shouldnt they take these off anyway, we bought another dvd which was £3 and in a plastic case and they took the case off that, so Tesco could have done it at the same time!! Rep added!

They usually do but i got serviced by a checkout girl (in more ways than one) and to fair to here the boxset was sealed

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5991830

Nice vid, I thought it was only a tiny square that was stuck there with a … Nice vid, I thought it was only a tiny square that was stuck there with a strip to se off the alarm never knew they were so complex and went under the disk, admittedly it's been a while since I bought a DVD.

blu rays ftw - oh wait they have them too

dandoc2;5991822

They usually do but i got serviced by a checkout girl (in more ways than … They usually do but i got serviced by a checkout girl (in more ways than one) and to fair to here the boxset was sealed

Nice :-D Mine was sealed too though!

2 copies of the same dvd both with security tags!!! HMMMMMM looks suspicious to me

Lool, Don't they remove it? My uncle got me loads of dvds and I had to remove them from the dvds quite annoying

Original Poster

nikkib123;5991858

Yep deffo sounded bit aussie to me. Can't believe I have just sat … Yep deffo sounded bit aussie to me. Can't believe I have just sat watching the whole of that even though it will never be of interest to me. Must have been the accent :-D

massmail666;5991766

wow cool, cheers mate. just off to asda now with my pink … wow cool, cheers mate. just off to asda now with my pink screw-driver.P.S. ur accent has a hint of aussie!

If you plan is nicking them just split the case with your hands take the sleeve and the disk and ditch the case.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5991905

If you plan is nicking them just split the case with your hands take the … If you plan is nicking them just split the case with your hands take the sleeve and the disk and ditch the case.

But....its got no resale value then, hence my video :-D

dandoc2;5991936

But....its got no resale value then, hence my video :-D

Just put it in another case they cost pennies.

40 seconds and all that messing takes too long if your stealing them from the shop. The pros steal disk and sleeve in about 4 sec per box. 4 of them will clear a whole shelf in less than a minute!

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5991978

Just put it in another case they cost pennies.40 seconds and all that … Just put it in another case they cost pennies.40 seconds and all that messing takes too long if your stealing them from the shop. The pros steal disk and sleeve in about 4 sec per box. 4 of them will clear a whole shelf in less than a minute!

true dat :roll:

could have done with this a few months back when i got a dvd from head at bluewater & ended up destroying the case to get the dvd out rather than do a 2 and a half hour round trip to get them to remove it :lol:

Original Poster

cheerleader;5991999

could have done with this a few months back when i got a dvd from head at … could have done with this a few months back when i got a dvd from head at bluewater & ended up destroying the case to get the dvd out rather than do a 2 and a half hour round trip to get them to remove it :lol:

will post a video later to build a time machine :-D

you sounded like a posh londerner to me ....... my boyfriends sounds proper common lol

dandoc2;5992034

will post a video later to build a time machine :-D

:thumbsup: i could make sure i win the lottery then too :lol:

Original Poster

Tinkytayls;5992093

you sounded like a posh londerner to me ....... my boyfriends sounds … you sounded like a posh londerner to me ....... my boyfriends sounds proper common lol

lol im not posh, im from sutton in south west london ( near croydon) tbf my sister has a chavvy accent :thumbsup:

This isnt a good day for me - ive been told i have an posh london/austrailian accent :-D, im 20 so i will work on it

EDIT - and about 12 thanks matt3454

i always thought you were about 12 lol.

Nice video though, unfortunatly i don't think i will ever buy a dvd from a shop again (or at least in ages).

tht is pimp :lol: i love the comment at the top of the youtube page :lol:

If they are anything like the one I had just get a hard drive magnet held behind it, it pulls the metal tab down and the clip just pulls out.

dandoc2;5992321

What this

no this

"can you do a video for a vhs please"

Original Poster

micoo;5992334

no this"can you do a video for a vhs please"

i dont get it ?

Thank you, Very handy

dandoc2;5992348

i dont get it ?

now im confused :lol: i just thought i was a funny comment

OP

lol @ your large quantities of "peep show" DvDs!

Original Poster

bumped

lol brute force then really

Original Poster

leemole101;6020539

lol brute force then really

brute force in a calm and organised way

WTF is going on with that screwdriver you big pansy! (and stop biting your nails)

Are you sure that ain't your screwdriver?

Original Poster

Goonieman;6020627

WTF is going on with that screwdriver you big pansy! (and stop biting … WTF is going on with that screwdriver you big pansy! (and stop biting your nails)

Its my sisters and i cant help it ,i support newcastle every game my nails are gone

dandoc2;6028058

Its my sisters and i cant help it ,i support newcastle every game my … Its my sisters and i cant help it ,i support newcastle every game my nails are gone

Now i know your lying, women don't have screwdrivers. ;-)
And being a Geordie, i recognise your pain brother.

paused @ 4:10 :w00t: with relevant voiceover 'press down and pull' :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2155
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213598
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764005

See more discussions