How To Remove UV Security Pen On Back Of Monitor ?

Found 21st Jun 2012
Right... managed to nick a few monitors from the local infants school.....

Just kidding ok !!

I have an old 17" 4:3 monitor that i purchased years ago from my kids junior school as they were doing up their IT dept. I was thinking of using it to trade in for a 24" Dell to get the £70 cashback scheme. The monitor is under 10 years oldm which seems to be a stipulation, but it has uv pen on the back saying school name, postcode etc.

Ive tried all products in the house that wont taint the black plastic backing to the monitor but dont wanna use anything too acidic coz plastic of that sort tend to go white and discoloured. Anyone know of a safe method of removal ? I was thinking of just getting another pen and scribbling over the details but i dont know if Dell require them to be uv security free.

PS... genuine purchase of the original monitor and no i did not nick it... so this thread isnt dodgy at all ok ;-)
Community Updates
MiscMonitorPenDodgy
16 Comments
Ask a policeman how to
Orca Multi ?
Banned
wet and dry 800 grade
slamdunkin

wet and dry 800 grade

1200 to finish followed by a buff up with some farecla G3.
Milton sterilisation fluid removes pen marks from leather. Might be worth a try?
Fresh Semen applied liberally
Orca will maybe do you a special deal
Ok. Half serious answer as I'm not 100% that it will work, but hairspray removes biro so could give that a try!???
Brake fluid used to strip car paint, give it a try.
If you cut the head teachers brake lines you plenty from there and gives you a safer getaway next time you rob them
Original Poster
Hmm some good answers... gonna try simplex's method of semen first as i can get the missus to help with that one.

Maybe hairspray if the old headache is playing up again though !
Squelds

Hmm some good answers... gonna try simplex's method of semen first as i … Hmm some good answers... gonna try simplex's method of semen first as i can get the missus to help with that one.Maybe hairspray if the old headache is playing up again though !

I'm pretty sure i'm not reading that the way you meant it, unless your 'missus' is known as big George or something similar X)
Original Poster
Like the money in my wallet m8... shes pretty damn good at getting it out of me
I have 8 Dell monitors piled in the corner that I cannot get rid of. Help yourself to an unmarked one.
Banned
just write over it with another UV pen and then put your postcode on it
Squelds

...i dont know if Dell require them to be uv security free.

Have you asked them?
Can't imagine Dell will be concerned it has UV pen on it, will more than likely go straight in a skip or recycled.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants