Expired

How to report Sim free phone So it can be blocked

Found 27th May 2013
Hi everyone, I bought my S3 on this website few days before for £255 & sold it on gumtree for £240 today evening so that I can get a White S3. But my bad luck is the person gave me all fake notes £20 each. I am so much frustrated at the moment, Luckily I have the IMEI number of the phone with me. could someone plz let me know what can I do. specially the seller who I bought the phone from if you can help me out in this regard.
Community Updates
24 Comments
report to the police
this isn't a deal so needs shifting but police would be my best guess as they'd have the ability to get it blocked I'm sure?
Aww gutted for you. What network was it originally on? Phone up them and advise it as stolen. You may have to report it to the police as well for a crime ref.
Shame is that it has probably been sold on already and some other poor sod will get the problem...
How do you know they are definitely fake
The police was informed straight away as soon as I realized. I gave all information to the police including Vehicle Registration Number and description of the person. The guy said he lives in Kent but works in central London on Security contracts and provide Security services to Building sites. I also have requested the actual seller who sold the phone to me if he can report this as stolen. Will def. appreciate if someone can find or give any more information to help me out.
dimebars

the notes were checked under the scanner & with the pen. And police confirmed they are fake. Anyone wanted to swap..................£240 fake notes. I can only clear my ass with them notes, can I.
dimebars

They say 'Waddingtons' on them! X)
sweetwishis

the notes were checked under the scanner & with the pen. And police … the notes were checked under the scanner & with the pen. And police confirmed they are fake. Anyone wanted to swap..................£240 fake notes. I can only clear my ass with them notes, can I.

Sorry what?
BTW, His name is not Jason, the car is a hire car on false plates and the mobile number is PAYG.
GAVINLEWISHUKD

BTW, His name is not Jason, the car is a hire car on false plates and the … BTW, His name is not Jason, the car is a hire car on false plates and the mobile number is PAYG.

Or, maybe his real name is Gavin Lewis???
opalpopal

Or, maybe his real name is Gavin Lewis???

More likely than Jason! X)
GAVINLEWISHUKD

BTW, His name is not Jason, the car is a hire car on false plates and the … BTW, His name is not Jason, the car is a hire car on false plates and the mobile number is PAYG.

Could you tell me how do you know so much information about this person & the car.
sweetwishis

Could you tell me how do you know so much information about this person … Could you tell me how do you know so much information about this person & the car.

Not sure if you are being serious!?

Some guy comes round and buys a phone with fake money. He is not going to use his real name, his own car and his contract mobile number now is he?

Anyone wanted to swap..................£240 fake notes. I can only clear … Anyone wanted to swap..................£240 fake notes. I can only clear my ass with them notes, can I.

Surely the police would of taken the bank notes off you
I would love to know how this story ends
GAVINLEWISHUKD

Not sure if you are being serious!? Some guy comes round and buys a phone … Not sure if you are being serious!? Some guy comes round and buys a phone with fake money. He is not going to use his real name, his own car and his contract mobile number now is he?

depends on how smart they are
centurion

Surely the police would of taken the bank notes off you

No they just gave me crime reference number ask me to fill a form online on ACTION FRAUD. Although there was a CCTV in the parking space but at the moment thats what i have been told by the police. Also I m trying to call that number which the suspect had, it is still ringing but no one answering.
Edited by: "sweetwishis" 28th May 2013
I m still waiting to hear how I can get the phone blocked as the actual seller informed me phone was not on contract it was a pay as you go phone. I really want to block this phone.
sweetwishis

No they just gave me crime reference number ask me to fill a form online … No they just gave me crime reference number ask me to fill a form online on ACTION FRAUD. Although there was a CCTV in the parking space but at the moment thats what i have been told by the police. Also I m trying to call that number which the suspect had, it is still ringing but no one answering.

sad times indeed when the police cant even be bothered to investigate counterfeiting / fraud!
Sorry to hear you've been scammed. I would say the phone company is your best bet. Go into any of the high street stores and get them to confirm phone company.

Let us know how you get on, you won't be first or last one to be scammed mate.
As well as the police, contact provider to report stolen:

Call 333 free from a Three phone or 0843 373 3333 from any other phone

If your phone has been lost or stolen while travelling abroad, call +44 7782 333 333

Orange

If you’re a pay monthly customer, call 07973 100 150.

If you’re a pay as you go customer, call 07973 100 450.

O2

Call 0844 8090 2020 (contract) or 08448090222 (PAYG)

T-Mobile

Call 0845 412 5000 or +44 79539 66150 if calling from abroad

Vodafone

Pay monthly and business customers

Call Vodafone on 191 from another Vodafone mobile phone or 08700 700191 from a landline or +44 7836 191 191 if you are abroad.

Pay as you go customers

Call 191 from another Vodafone mobile phone or 08700 776655 from a landline or +44 7836 191 919 if you are abroad.

Tesco Mobile

Call 0845 301 4455 s

Virgin Mobile

Call 0845 6000 789
pasheast

As well as the police, contact provider to report stolen:3Call 333 free … As well as the police, contact provider to report stolen:3Call 333 free from a Three phone or 0843 373 3333 from any other phoneIf your phone has been lost or stolen while travelling abroad, call +44 7782 333 333OrangeIf you’re a pay monthly customer, call 07973 100 150.If you’re a pay as you go customer, call 07973 100 450.O2Call 0844 8090 2020 (contract) or 08448090222 (PAYG)T-MobileCall 0845 412 5000 or +44 79539 66150 if calling from abroadVodafonePay monthly and business customersCall Vodafone on 191 from another Vodafone mobile phone or 08700 700191 from a landline or +44 7836 191 191 if you are abroad.Pay as you go customersCall 191 from another Vodafone mobile phone or 08700 776655 from a landline or +44 7836 191 919 if you are abroad.Tesco MobileCall 0845 301 4455 sVirgin MobileCall 0845 6000 789

Thankyou so much for your help, took the virgin number from your post call them straight away gave them IMEI number & the phone is now blocked, AT LEAST HAPPY THAT HE WONT BE ABLE TO USE THE PHONE ANY MORE.
Glad it helped.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions