Groups

How to secure elextric wire to be used for a future kitxhen Island socket?

Currently the wire comes out of the middle of the flooring, but the wire flexing a lot and I'm concerned it will be damaged at the root rendering it useless. Can anyone advise whether a 'socket' of some sort should be attached to it at the floor level to avoid so much flexing and thereby damaging the wire itself? Thanks

7 Comments

Original Poster

How can I edit my typos?!

Construct an island around it.

More info required.

Are you having a new kitchen installed?

The existing cable(s) - is this/they from a previous socket outlet or a new cable installed in preparation for the island?
    Do you know what type of cable it is? Twin & earth - part of ring main? Twin & Earth - spur off ring main? Flex - from nearest socket outlet?

Presumably the base unit for island hasn't been installed yet, and your looking to make the cable(s) safe meantime?

Photos would help.

Edited by: "andynicol" 11th Mar

could install a floor socket like they have in offices

tlc-direct.co.uk/Pro…HAQ
    Edited by: "random_dude" 11th Mar

Just terminate it into a junction box. It shouldn't really be bare anyway.

Screwfix junction box

Fit one of these around it and then a piece of conduit comming up, fill with expanding foam and it will hold it strong.

google.co.uk/search?q=plastic+conduit&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUh5-nqM_SAhUfOsAKHTF7DREQ_AUICSgC&biw=1280&bih=691#tbm=isch&q=plastic+conduit+with+flange&*

I would use some heat shrink. One over the other. Will be well stiff and protected. Buy a multi pack of sizes and just heat to shrink ebay.co.uk/itm…951
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions