Expired

How to send a mobile phone?

4 replies
Found 26th Feb 2007
Hi All

May have a phone for sale soon

Was just wondering, whats the best way to send a mobile phone with the box?

Im very new to posting, do they sell 'boxes' at the post office or something? Or like a jiffy bag for a box?

Whats the best postage method?

Thanks

5 Comments

Obviously the best way is to put it in it's original box & wrap it with a couple of layers of paper.

If you don't have the original box then I would try a jiffy bag or a small box (packed with something to protect the phone) - both of these can be bought at a post office.

And don't forget insurance!

Phone in original box, wrapped in a few newspaper sheets, wrapped in bubble wrap as extra if you have it, sorted

If worth under £30 use Recorded, if over £40 use Special Delivery, use your best judgement.

Original Poster

Thank you, when I say Im new to post, its like as if Im an alien and I just got here. Would I just wrap it in some paper, write the address on it, go to the post office and say can I send this by SPecial delivery, put it on the scales, pay the price and job done?

Thanks

lol, yep its that easy.

[SIZE=2]If you can, use the original box, wrap that box in a bit of bubble, then put brown paper over it. Make sure the address is clear and it has your address on the back.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Take it to the Post Office and tell them it needs to go by Special Delivery. Should cost no more that £8.00[/SIZE]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61645
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions