How to send an iPhone please?

14 replies
Found 23rd Jan
I want to send my old iPhone to my niece but Parcel2Go, for example, won't accept mobile phones.

Any advice please?

1. Ask
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. iPhone
14 Comments

Royal Mail.

Banned

I used Royal Mail special delivery last week. I opened a post about it you can check it out

Royal Mail Special Delivery if the value is over £50. Ensure you keep the receipt until it is safely delivered.

I usually use Royal Mail Special Delivery. It'll be about £8

What about myhermes ?

Original Poster

ronmo329921

I used Royal Mail special delivery last week. I opened a post about it … I used Royal Mail special delivery last week. I opened a post about it you can check it out

Thanks, I did try to have a look before asking the question but couldn't find anything.

I only see "Outside the EU. I sent one with them last week.

Are you sure Parcels2go prohibit your shipment?

parcel2go.com/pro…ems

Original Poster

getmeone

I only see "Outside the EU. I sent one with them last week.Are you sure … I only see "Outside the EU. I sent one with them last week.Are you sure Parcels2go prohibit your shipment?https://www.parcel2go.com/prohibited-items

Oh yes, that's odd. I just typed in both UK postcodes and the item I was sending and it said it was prohibited

Original Poster

I messaged Parcel2Go and they said they can't send any phones at all

there website seems to say mobiles with UK are allowed but then it says no batteries so bit confusing but tat seems be same with royal mail with batteries. I think inside a item is fine.

Royal Mail 1pm Special Delivery, insured up to £500, should cost less than £10.

source

Edited by: "andynicol" 23rd Jan

fruityloops

Oh yes, that's odd. I just typed in both UK postcodes and the item I was … Oh yes, that's odd. I just typed in both UK postcodes and the item I was sending and it said it was prohibited

Mine went MyHermes to Bolton from Sussex last week. All OK.

Royal Mail will take phones as long as the battery is part of the phone, they don't like batteries on their own. However, if you're that bothered , then when they ask you what it is at the PO tell them it's something else.

Just put down leisure item not phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?32
    2. Driving anxiety.1517
    3. Xbox Newbie34
    4. private number44

See more discussions