How to send wood varnish paint?

Found 24th Mar
Hello all, I have several tins of unused wood varnish I'd like to list for sale online but I can't find a courier that doesn't have it on their "prohibited items" list. Anyone got any experience with this? Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
Wrap it well and say it’s something else when you send it. Screen wash maybe?

I had this issue with some daft old bag in the Post Office when she wouldn’t accept an iPod because it had batteries in it, so just told the next person it was something else. Job’s a good’un
It makes a terrible mess if the lids come off.

Some may accept it if it is really well wrapped and sealed in thick bags. That's how Amazon ships stuff like that
Parcelforce ships oil.. Or at least I've had it delivered by them.
Cakeboy7932 m ago

Wrap it well and say it’s something else when you send it. Screen wash m …Wrap it well and say it’s something else when you send it. Screen wash maybe?I had this issue with some daft old bag in the Post Office when she wouldn’t accept an iPod because it had batteries in it, so just told the next person it was something else. Job’s a good’un

Sounds like she was a tad confused what you were sending, electrical items with batteries installed are fine to send via Royal Mail.

Batteries on there own are a different issue though, I sold several power tool batteries, all sent via RM, I got a letter re 1 of them, it had been picked up as being a battery and was destroyed, no refund either as I had accepted there T&C's, which state batteries are restricted items and cannot be posted on there own.
But, back on topic, might be worthwhile the OP having a look in B&Q/Homebase etc at there paint mixing, ask an assistant for a few metal paint tin clips, they will help ensure the lids stay on.
Can you not try and sell locally, Gumtree, Shpock, Facebook etc.?
Original Poster
Thanks all, I think I'll just sell it locally - it'll save on postage at any rate
andynicol11 h, 2 m ago

But, back on topic, might be worthwhile the OP having a look in …But, back on topic, might be worthwhile the OP having a look in B&Q/Homebase etc at there paint mixing, ask an assistant for a few metal paint tin clips, they will help ensure the lids stay on.

havent used paint clips in years its tape
jamstaruk19722 m ago

havent used paint clips in years its tape

Oh well, my bad, been a while since I got paint mixed from them, my local Dulux Centre still uses metal clips..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants