Groups

How to slide a tumble dryer under worktop without ripping vinyl flooring?

Just finished my kitchen and bought a condenser dryer which arrived this morning.
    My vinyl floorings just been laid and i'm very worried about how i'm going to slide in the dryer without ripping the flooring. Its going into a very tight space.

Any ideas?

25 Comments

we did ours with cardboard, you can rip it after if you cant get it out.

You can get white good wheels, they fit under the dryer and you can wheel it in and out with ease

I mean these lol, not very eloquent today

http://www.robinsonselectric.co.uk/images/Vivanco/ROLLERS1.jpg

choc1969;5844893

You can get white good wheels, they fit under the dryer and you can wheel … You can get white good wheels, they fit under the dryer and you can wheel it in and out with ease

Tried that in my kitchen, unfortunately the wheels raised the drier too high to fit under worktop...eventually used a thin piece of plywood, worked like a charm! :-D

cut out newly laid vinyl flooring to suit dimension of tumble dryer

simples:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Those wheels would raise it too high.

Got a thin piece of cardboard that was under the machine i might try but the feet might rip right through it!

Ants then lol

Vinyl is a b*gger unfortunately

bit of carpet face down will do it, slides better

Can of Mr Sheen, polish the floor to death, makes it as slippery as anything so be careful. Done mine this way and left no marks.
    Cheers

Cardboard is a good suggestion, the trick is to push it into the space from the bottom near the floor and not pushing from the top or from the door. I find sitting on the floor and gently pushing with my feet works best.

wilko sell stick on slidey pads, get a few sizes in the pack, cheap too.

Banned

carpet, sticky felt pads , strong cardboard, towels.....etc etc

dryers are pretty light things ....should be pretty easy ...its a bit more dificult with a wash machine with concrete block in it

haggis_muncher;5845002

Can of Mr Sheen, polish the floor to death, makes it as slippery as … Can of Mr Sheen, polish the floor to death, makes it as slippery as anything so be careful. Done mine this way and left no marks.Cheers

+1

Moved my large fridge freezer this way and could dance with it because it moved so easily.

Yes, definately clean up properly, nearly broke my damn neck LOL

Banned

Wish you'd asked this before I got me new fridge/freezer. :-\ lol.....sort of

Washing up liquid worked for us a treat.

Banned

tinkerbell28;5845064

Washing up liquid on the feet a delivery driver told me to do this and … Washing up liquid on the feet a delivery driver told me to do this and it's works, we have moved loads of times and always use washing up liquid on the feet, it just slides out :-D

+1 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Update......

Just simply pushed under, it wasnt that heavy!

tinkerbell28;5845064

Washing up liquid on the feet a delivery driver told me to do this and … Washing up liquid on the feet a delivery driver told me to do this and it's works, we have moved loads of times and always use washing up liquid on the feet, it just slides out :-D

Doesnt it make a mess of your toes/shoes/slippers :oops:

Cheque please:w00t:

makershaker;5846949

Update......Just simply pushed under, it wasnt that heavy!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Banned

makershaker;5846949

Update......Just simply pushed under, it wasnt that heavy!

though you must have an extremely tight space if you were having problems......:p

dryers are bulky but light.....easy carry for 1 man unlike wash machine

i helping y dad buil dour kitchen atm, we decided it would be best to put appliances, units etc in place before the men with the worktops arrive on monday :whistling:

micoo;5847013

i helping y dad buil dour kitchen atm, we decided it would be best to put … i helping y dad buil dour kitchen atm, we decided it would be best to put appliances, units etc in place before the men with the worktops arrive on monday :whistling:

Did you type that while you were doing it? :whistling:

Banned

micoo;5847013

i helping y dad buil dour kitchen atm, we decided it would be best to put … i helping y dad buil dour kitchen atm, we decided it would be best to put appliances, units etc in place before the men with the worktops arrive on monday :whistling:

so now the workmen have to remove all the applicances to fix the worktops! :whistling:

Banned

micoo;5847013

:?

tinkerbell28;5845064

It does sound a bit too simple but this does actually work - even works with washer dyrers which are even heavier than washing machines.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions