How to stop phone service but turn on when data is on?

Found 18th Jul
I have a sim with just data, I never receive texts or calls, everything is done over wi-fi for me same for work, seems pointless have phone connecting and maintaining a signal all day when I'm on wi-fi but have no idea if there is any tweak to allow it to disbaled until I click to turn data on? thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You could do airplane mode then turn wifi on, or can probably automate it with tasker if you're in android and rooted.
14 Comments
Can you not go to settings >choose network > not choose one?

Forget that... Used to work in dual sim phones but not now - just checked.
Edited by: "mrty" 18th Jul
Take the SIM card out, and reinsert when you want to use data?

Why would you want to stop signal? If you want to just turn off data that's a possibility but disabling calls/texts isn't (as far as I'm aware of).
You could do airplane mode then turn wifi on, or can probably automate it with tasker if you're in android and rooted.
Mutley lite.
Edited by: "RossD89" 19th Jul
jamie0157 h, 57 m ago

Take the SIM card out, and reinsert when you want to use data?Why would …Take the SIM card out, and reinsert when you want to use data?Why would you want to stop signal? If you want to just turn off data that's a possibility but disabling calls/texts isn't (as far as I'm aware of).

Hi, airplane then turning WiFi on works

Everybody I speak to use messenger for calling and messaging me, seems silly to have it searching signal all day wasting battery, phones getting on and email/skype is draining slot at work (sends to my watch needed)
dcx_badass18th Jul

You could do airplane mode then turn wifi on, or can probably automate it …You could do airplane mode then turn wifi on, or can probably automate it with tasker if you're in android and rooted.

Works :), might look at tasker as it be call for it to do it automatically if not on either home WiFi or work WiFi
Creatishh19th Jul

Hi, airplane then turning WiFi on works :)Everybody I speak to use …Hi, airplane then turning WiFi on works :)Everybody I speak to use messenger for calling and messaging me, seems silly to have it searching signal all day wasting battery, phones getting on and email/skype is draining slot at work (sends to my watch needed)

Yeah, I realised that after reading the comment above!
If you turn on airplane mode that's will stop all Bluetooth. WiFi. Phone signal. I use airplane mode on phone at work but can still use as mp3 player
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Jul
wayners5 h, 31 m ago

If you turn on airplane mode that's will stop all Bluetooth. WiFi. Phone …If you turn on airplane mode that's will stop all Bluetooth. WiFi. Phone signal. I use airplane mode on phone at work but can still use as mp3 player

You can still turn WiFi on in airplane mode, but if OP has WiFi calling they will have to disable it to prevent incoming calls.
jamie0155 m ago

You can still turn WiFi on in airplane mode, but if OP has WiFi calling …You can still turn WiFi on in airplane mode, but if OP has WiFi calling they will have to disable it to prevent incoming calls.

Learn something every day. I never new that
@whelan189 don't forget to turn off Wi-Fi calling if in airplane mode to prevent incoming calls (and if you have Wi-Fi calling available on your device).
Edited by: "jamie015" 19th Jul
wayners5 h, 46 m ago

If you turn on airplane mode that's will stop all Bluetooth. WiFi. Phone …If you turn on airplane mode that's will stop all Bluetooth. WiFi. Phone signal. I use airplane mode on phone at work but can still use as mp3 player

bugger I actually need my bluetooth for my smart watch -.- common android add this feature
jamie0159 m ago

@whelan189 don't forget to turn off Wi-Fi calling if in airplane mode to …@whelan189 don't forget to turn off Wi-Fi calling if in airplane mode to prevent incoming calls (and if you have Wi-Fi calling available on your device).

what is wifi calling and where would I find this? haha,
I have lg g5
Creatishh19th Jul

what is wifi calling and where would I find this? haha, I have lg g5

Settings > Network > Calls > Wi-Fi Calling by the looks of it from this link
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants