How to stop the jealous Apple haters voting cold...

Basically Im after an iPhone 7. and when I use the wonderful HUKD to try and source the right deal for me, its difficult as all the deals are freezing cold, which is no help and defeats the object of the site. Obviously its people who are not apple fans. I hate other phone brands, due to their OS (my preference) but would not vote cold because of this.

Good deal in the market is just that. Weather you're a jealous apple hater or not, vote for the deal NOT the brand.

I was NYC at the weekend and saw the apple store which was rammed with customers and with Windows phone store which was empty. Says it all really.

Moral of the story people - Can people simply vote for the deal and not the brand?

61 Comments

I'm still trying to figure out who votes all the comments on every single thread down too

With any deal the quality of the product and the price of said product is what people vote for. Just because a dog egg is cheap it still makes it a dog egg in some people minds.

I find the term 'Jealous apple hater' to be offensive when applied to the general users of this site, you can be absolutely certain I am neither 'jealous' or a 'hater' of the Apple brand. Admittedly I do not like their business practices but then anyone with even a modicum of intelligence wouldn't.

While sheep are generally accepted to be of low intelligence it is lowered even further when part of a herd.

The iPhone is expensive for a phone even if you get it slightly cheaper than full price. I'm sure it'll be the same with deals for the equally overly priced Pixel phone when that comes out. People here are all about getting the best value for your money. You don't get that from brand new phones.

Also maybe don't be so condescending to people for their phone choice. For a lot of people the iPhone is just the opposite of what is right for them regardless of price. for others Android is, it doesn't make someone a "hater" to prefer one over the other.

Or you're trolling in which case

Just imagine the colder the hotter and look for the coldest apple thread.
Or stop being a sheep and look on u switch

Original Poster

deanlfc

The iPhone is expensive for a phone even if you get it slightly cheaper … The iPhone is expensive for a phone even if you get it slightly cheaper than full price. I'm sure it'll be the same with deals for the equally overly priced Pixel phone when that comes out. People here are all about getting the best value for your money. You don't get that from brand new phones. Also maybe don't be so condescending to people for their phone choice. For a lot of people the iPhone is just the opposite of what is right for them regardless of price. for others Android is, it doesn't make someone a "hater" to prefer one over the other. Or you're trolling in which case

My only gripe is people who consistent vote cold for any iPhone deal. whether people think they're overpriced or not, if its a good deal vs the usual retail price then thats what this site is about. I personally wouldn't throw my money away buying any other phone, but if its a deal, id certainly vote it hot to help anyone in the market for that particular phone.

You cant tell me that all the iPhone cold votes are based on impartial, unbiased reasoning towards the market price. if you think the brand is a rip off you shouldn't vote either way. if its a good deal vs the current market rates, then thats a hot vote, if it isnt a good vs the market rates then its a cold vote. simple.

If i can believe everyone was voting this way, then the consistent cold votes wouldn't be as apparent.

Thats why the majority (not all) the votes are jealous apple haters.

Original Poster

deanlfc

The iPhone is expensive for a phone even if you get it slightly cheaper … The iPhone is expensive for a phone even if you get it slightly cheaper than full price. I'm sure it'll be the same with deals for the equally overly priced Pixel phone when that comes out. People here are all about getting the best value for your money. You don't get that from brand new phones. Also maybe don't be so condescending to people for their phone choice. For a lot of people the iPhone is just the opposite of what is right for them regardless of price. for others Android is, it doesn't make someone a "hater" to prefer one over the other. Or you're trolling in which case

it make them a hater if the vote cold just because of their preference.

how many people in the android store?

"jealous"..Apple make rubbish products and you think people are jealous?

dataload

how many people in the android store?

​Probably just the firemen.

Mikeygolfgt

"jealous"..Apple make rubbish products and you think people are jealous?

This comment amuses me. People hate apple because they are succesful. The profit they make each year is astounding and their products are brilliant.

This doesnt make android or windows products rubbish each to their own use whatever is best for you.

Its the same with sports direct or sky they will always be voted down regardless.

I just don't get it... and maybe I don't want to...
I do know that if you upset those on here... they will frack the voting... so calling them names won't help your cause...
Who ever helps a pain in the a rse

djmalone1985

Moral of the story people - Can people simply vote for the deal and not … Moral of the story people - Can people simply vote for the deal and not the brand?

I don't really follow smartphones but it's a brand new product with what sounds like only minor improvements over other/previous products. It doesn't really sound like a situation that's likely to provide excellent value for money right now.

HUKD is a deal site, not a price comparison site. If you're expecting people to vote hot for the lowest price on every individual product then you're going to be disappointed.

Mikeygolfgt

​Probably just the firemen.

that would be the Samsung store..

It's the use of the word "jealous" that gets me though. People aren't jealous of a phone. If they were so jealous they could buy that phone. I'd be more jealous of me getting a Mi 5 for £220, can't beat that bang for your buck.

deanlfc

It's the use of the word "jealous" that gets me though. People aren't … It's the use of the word "jealous" that gets me though. People aren't jealous of a phone. If they were so jealous they could buy that phone. I'd be more jealous of me getting a Mi 5 for £220, can't beat that bang for your buck.

no, people may not be jealous of the phone itself. however, some people are certainly jealous of the typical lifestyle and person that they believe owns them. it's a form of pen1s envy.

It's that apple products rarely have real offers and they are very high prices to start with.
General rule of thumb on this site is it won't get voted hot without its at least a 10% discount.
Which is pretty much unheard of with apple products.

I can't tell if this thread is a collaborative troll attempt. It's just a phone that anyone can buy, not an exclusive club.

dataload

that would be the Samsung store..

​and what are Samsung run on?

Mikeygolfgt

​and what are Samsung run on?

Tizen and Touchwiz

joedastudd

It's that apple products rarely have real offers and they are very high … It's that apple products rarely have real offers and they are very high prices to start with.General rule of thumb on this site is it won't get voted hot without its at least a 10% discount.Which is pretty much unheard of with apple products.

People vot according to what they like. If the product someone has posted is cheaper than anywhere else it should go hot unless the person voting cold can provide a link to a cheaper alternative. Il admit i used to vote cold on products i didnt like and hot on ones i did nowadays i try to look at the price and not be biased.

For instance i really dnt like the xbox one. I have ps4 but i had xbox 360 before because it was better than the ps3 and my opinion is the ps4 is better than the xbox one but if i see a good deal for the xbox one in here il vote it hot because somebody thats looking for one may benefit

123batman321

People vot according to what they like. If the product someone has posted … People vot according to what they like. If the product someone has posted is cheaper than anywhere else it should go hot unless the person voting cold can provide a link to a cheaper alternative. Il admit i used to vote cold on products i didnt like and hot on ones i did nowadays i try to look at the price and not be biased. For instance i really dnt like the xbox one. I have ps4 but i had xbox 360 before because it was better than the ps3 and my opinion is the ps4 is better than the xbox one but if i see a good deal for the xbox one in here il vote it hot because somebody thats looking for one may benefit

​​​I disagree with this. If something is overpriced within it's market to begin with a "deal" wouldn't really be a deal in my opinion. Especially if there is hardly any movement on the price as with iPhones.

deanlfc

I disagree with this. If something is overpriced within it's market to … I disagree with this. If something is overpriced within it's market to begin with a "deal" wouldn't really be a deal in my opinion. Especially if there is hardly any movement on the price as with iPhones.

Well it would if you wanted an iphone. Calling it overpriced is an opinion not a fact. Products be it a phone a car or a fridge will not hold their price like iphones do if theyre not good and thats a fact.

If its not an iphone you want tho then its useless to you but if its a few quid cheaper then its a deal

deanlfc

​​​I disagree with this. If something is overpriced within it's market to … ​​​I disagree with this. If something is overpriced within it's market to begin with a "deal" wouldn't really be a deal in my opinion. Especially if there is hardly any movement on the price as with iPhones.

​If I advertise my custom moulded turds for £10 and you can't buy one cheaper elsewhere, does that mean it's a hot deal?

Surely a hot deal is one that makes you go "Ooh, that's cheap for what it is." Not one that makes you go "Ooh, that's cheaper than anyone else is selling that thing for."

peter1223

​If I advertise my custom moulded turds for £10 and you can't buy one ch … ​If I advertise my custom moulded turds for £10 and you can't buy one cheaper elsewhere, does that mean it's a hot deal? Surely a hot deal is one that makes you go "Ooh, that's cheap for what it is." Not one that makes you go "Ooh, that's cheaper than anyone else is selling that thing for."

​i was just about to post a comment very similar to this. sums it up perfectly.

if the product isn't worth it's price to begin with, getting a slight reduction on RRP doesn't make it a deal.

an iPhone at £300 say, would go stonkingly hot, but at £919 for a 128GB 7+.....nah.

123batman321

Well it would if you wanted an iphone. Calling it overpriced is an … Well it would if you wanted an iphone. Calling it overpriced is an opinion not a fact. Products be it a phone a car or a fridge will not hold their price like iphones do if theyre not good and thats a fact. If its not an iphone you want tho then its useless to you but if its a few quid cheaper then its a deal

As said above though, this isn't a price comparison website. There are hardly ever deals (especially good ones) for iPhones, certainly not new ones. This place being a pound cheaper than the other isn't a hot deal which is what this place is about.

peter1223

​If I advertise my custom moulded turds for £10 and you can't buy one ch … ​If I advertise my custom moulded turds for £10 and you can't buy one cheaper elsewhere, does that mean it's a hot deal? Surely a hot deal is one that makes you go "Ooh, that's cheap for what it is." Not one that makes you go "Ooh, that's cheaper than anyone else is selling that thing for."

No that would just be the price.

peter1223

Obviously the fact youve managed to find the website breeds the assumption that youve got an ounce of common sense.

I personally vote hot or cold on whether its cheapest available regardless if its a product i like or not

jonnithomas

no, people may not be jealous of the phone itself. however, some people … no, people may not be jealous of the phone itself. however, some people are certainly jealous of the typical lifestyle and person that they believe owns them. it's a form of pen1s envy.

You mean shallow, materialistic and brand obsessed?

Nope, definitely not jealous of them, more like a combination of contempt and pity.

Trouble is Apple get their claws in early. Just today there's a post on my lads school facebook group from a mum asking if anyone has seen a Iphone lying around as her 7 year old son has lost his. It really does beggar belief, she knows its not 'normal' as in the same statement she is defending herself giving him a phone as she likes him to be able to get in touch.

I know its not public spirited but I hope they do not find it. That's not jealousy or hate but a concern to how her own insecurities are being taught to her son.

Why even give it a second thought what other people think about a product you yourself like.

Who cares.

Argoj

Trouble is Apple get their claws in early. Just today there's a post on … Trouble is Apple get their claws in early. Just today there's a post on my lads school facebook group from a mum asking if anyone has seen a Iphone lying around as her 7 year old son has lost his. It really does beggar belief, she knows its not 'normal' as in the same statement she is defending herself giving him a phone as she likes him to be able to get in touch. I know its not public spirited but I hope they do not find it. That's not jealousy or hate but a concern to how her own insecurities are being taught to her son.

If the lad can use the phone whats the problem? Nothing wrong with a young one having it if they are able to call or text their parents. I wouldnt personally give my kids a phone as theyd just lose it but id be more worried about the fact you saw this on facebook. If you have time to look at facebook which lets face it is just a glorified chatroom with needy boring clowns looking for attention then you youve got too much time on ur hands

I really can't figure the OP's point.
Do they really think that people don't buy Apple purely because they can't afford it and just "throw their money away" buying other products out of sheer desperation brought on by their own poverty stricken circumstances?

Just search iPhone 7, ignore the votes and make your own decision on what deal suits you.

Something about iPhone users...

[img]i.guim.co.uk/img…jpg?w=460&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=cc65bb3ac405edd1548f09bf0e702e4e[/img]

tempt

Something about iPhone … Something about iPhone users...[img]https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/4d4832095353c2c6b70f7af4320d69b68b9907ab/3_185_2732_1639/master/2732.jpg?w=460&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=cc65bb3ac405edd1548f09bf0e702e4e[/img]

Lol good shout. I always assumed the FA deliberatley went from useless manager to another useless manager to detract from how awful and over rated english football actually is

peter1223

To put a different slant on that, a thread which is the cheapest available at the time of posting shouldn't be voted cold.

Whether folks like or dislike certain brands if it's the cheapest available it's hot, whether folks are of the opinion it's overpriced is irrelevant IMO, current price is what I vote on.

andynicol

To put a different slant on that, a thread which is the cheapest … To put a different slant on that, a thread which is the cheapest available at the time of posting shouldn't be voted cold.Whether folks like or dislike certain brands if it's the cheapest available it's hot, whether folks are of the opinion it's overpriced is irrelevant IMO, current price is what I vote on.

Correct

123batman321

Correct

​then why is the new pixel at -1000 degrees? cheapest price available right now.

oh right yeah, you only consider it when its Apple

adamspencer95

​then why is the new pixel at -1000 degrees? cheapest price available r … ​then why is the new pixel at -1000 degrees? cheapest price available right now.oh right yeah, you only consider it when its Apple

I like the look of that phone actually but tbh id put a years wages on it being a flop. However if the deal is cheaper than any other price then it should be hot.

spoo

You mean shallow, materialistic and brand obsessed?Nope, definitely not … You mean shallow, materialistic and brand obsessed?Nope, definitely not jealous of them, more like a combination of contempt and pity.

interesting, you can judge with that degree of accuracy from someone's phone ? that degree of inverse snobbery is really quite sad.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best Samsung mid-range mobile phone?11
    2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!99
    3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1113
    4. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?35

See more discussions