How To Stop/Bar Recorded Cold Calls

17 replies
Found 5th May 2010
Hi,

The title says it all but i am getting around half a dozen Recorded Cold Calls a day which is getting very annoying.

Is there a way to stop these types of calls and if so, are they free services!

MB

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Banned

Saw this on Dragon's Den last night. They had a bidding war for it!!

truecall.co.uk/

Banned

stop signing upto websites with your correct contact details........most of them get your number through referrals from legitimate sites like bloody insurance comparison sites etc

pay an extra few quid a month and you can bar your phone line from accepting private numbers.

master_chief;8532429

Saw this on Dragon's Den last night. They had a bidding war for … Saw this on Dragon's Den last night. They had a bidding war for it!!http://www.truecall.co.uk/

That is truly amazing!

Banned

awoodhall2003;8532459

That is truly amazing!

The Dragons were keener on integrating the technology into handsets. Peter Jones bought in for the full stake. Expect to see it in home handsets soon!

Banned

master_chief;8532529

The Dragons were keener on integrating the technology into handsets. … The Dragons were keener on integrating the technology into handsets. Peter Jones bought in for the full stake. Expect to see it in home handsets soon!

wasnt this like 2 or 3 years ago?:?

master_chief;8532529

The Dragons were keener on integrating the technology into handsets. … The Dragons were keener on integrating the technology into handsets. Peter Jones bought in for the full stake. Expect to see it in home handsets soon!

Wow I bet the people who put it forward were over joyed! What stakes and how much did they buy?
Personally I have no need for it (yet) but I know many people who would love this, and even pay £100 for it easily. Even a subscription fee instead.
It is a great idea though.

awoodhall2003;8532420

I did this a while ago and it certainly seems to have helped. Keep in mind it can take several weeks, maybe months for it to start having effect.

Also, it can prevent companies you may wish to call you from being able to. I had a letter from my bank asking permission to call as we had signed up to TPS. (not sure if it would just effect marketing or the bank calling about your account) Guess it shows it had some effect though.....

Original Poster

LOL how quickly this goes off topic. Thanks for your help awoodhall2003

chapchap;8532588

LOL how quickly this goes off topic. Thanks for your help awoodhall2003

No problems, it is a free fix, and then if they do happen to get through you can report them as well.

i've been signed up with the TPS for about 4 months but still get these annoying calls about debt clearing. I press the buttons and wait to speak to an operator and before I finish the sentence 'can you take me off .... they put the phone down on me..... aaaagggggh!

Nearly everyday I get an answer machine message from them, it's driving me insane.

Banned

master_chief;8532529

casparwhite;8532534

yep and hasnt taken off at all due to its cost

Banned

casparwhite;8532534

So expect to see it soon :thumbsup:

I signed up to TPS about a year ago and the calls stopped in about 3 weeks and I hav'nt had one since.
Works for me. (now I've said that I bet they start again)

Banned

I haven't had a nuisance call in a couple of years. Ever since I disconnected my land phone and just use my mobile.

I was getting calls everyday so I signed up to TPS.

Since then I have had one call. When I mentioned that I was signed up with TPS, they apologised and hung up.

Nothing since.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769647
    2. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2143
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522897
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514673

See more discussions