Groups
    EXPIRED

How to tell an iPhone sim card from a normal one...

I bought an iPhone from ebay with an iPhone sim card. After receiving it I rung O2 to check it was an iPhone sim card witht he free web & wifi for a year, they said it was not, merely an ordinary sim card.

I emailed the seller about this who said if I top up with £10 it will become an iPhone free web & wifi sim card. Is this right? I don't want to top up £10 on this sim card to find it isn't web & wifi because I already have an existing payg O2 sim card.

So my question is, is an iPhone sim card only an iPhone sim card once topped up and activated? So much so that without it being topped up O2 customer services see it as an ordinary sim card? I want to know befor I get funny with this seller on ebay.

12 Comments

Hi
    I have just got an iphone and my old sim i have had for 18 months works with it fine and i get the free wifi, mine is not a special sim if thats of any help

Original Poster

See mine isn't in a packet thing, it's just the sim with the card it was fitted in.

i sold a sim card on ebay which i thought was a iphone sim (the guy who sold me my iphone said it was), however once the buyer tried it, it turned out to be a normal sim. i refunded the buyer immediately.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5950041

You can just take the iphone into the O2 shop and get another for free … You can just take the iphone into the O2 shop and get another for free anyway.

I don't think you can, well not a free web & wifi one anyway.

Original Poster

It's a 8GB 3G iPhone and I bought it for £260 including the receipt - it was bought in April this year.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5950180

Yes you can.

Really? So I'm finishing work in 5 mins, can I just go into the O2 shop and ask for a iPhone sim?

Original Poster

Didn't work.

Original Poster

I did yes, they said the only way to get one with O2 is when you buy an iPhone from them.

I've just found one i got with my phone, has to be activated by 22nd December. PM me with your address if you want it & i'll sick it in the post tomorrow

I had a similiar issue. When you buy an iphone on pay as you go, you have unlimited wifi and internet for a year from purchase. Phone o2 explain you purchased YOUR phone in april and never knew about the internet package and that you carried on using your old sim because you didnt want to lose your number. They should activate it over the phone for a year then. If they make a fuss take it into an o2 store show them the receipt and they will activate it for you. Hope that helps

Original Poster

NeilGY;5952108

I've just found one i got with my phone, has to be activated by 22nd … I've just found one i got with my phone, has to be activated by 22nd December. PM me with your address if you want it & i'll sick it in the post tomorrow

Thanks thanks, rep added.

Original Poster

Snoop7;5952530

I had a similiar issue. When you buy an iphone on pay as you go, you … I had a similiar issue. When you buy an iphone on pay as you go, you have unlimited wifi and internet for a year from purchase. Phone o2 explain you purchased YOUR phone in april and never knew about the internet package and that you carried on using your old sim because you didnt want to lose your number. They should activate it over the phone for a year then. If they make a fuss take it into an o2 store show them the receipt and they will activate it for you. Hope that helps

Ahh I'll bear in mind for next time if there is one, thanks for your help :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416514116
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.01
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523434
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …204566

See more discussions