Groups

How to tell football kit is fake or not.

Banned
    Just bought the lad a Barcelona kit off eBay. Paid full whack for it so expecting it to be real. How would I know?

The top has some Nike tags attached, the shorts don't but have the socks connected. Bag it came in was fairly generic.

16 Comments

If you were going to pay full whack for it then why didnt you buy it from an offical retailer?

If its off ebay then its most likely fake, Not all of them are but ebay is riddled with them

Original Poster Banned

dean3988

If you were going to pay full whack for it then why didnt you buy it from … If you were going to pay full whack for it then why didnt you buy it from an offical retailer? If its off ebay then its most likely fake, Not all of them are but ebay is riddled with them

Didn't have his size on any official sites otherwise I would have. Seller was a UK powerseller with no negs for fakes.

The fakes are really good now so it's really hard to tell. However, chances are with eBay it is likely to be one.

Best thing to do is check the sellers feedback if they sell a lot of them...........if it's a one off sale by a private seller then chances are it's genuine.

whatsThePoint

Has it got a label inside that says its real?

If the label says its Real, it'll be a Madrid kit!

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

The fakes are really good now so it's really hard to tell. However, … The fakes are really good now so it's really hard to tell. However, chances are with eBay it is likely to be one.Best thing to do is check the sellers feedback if they sell a lot of them...........if it's a one off sale by a private seller then chances are it's genuine.

The seller had a few of them to sell...

330485060922 is the item.

Picture don't help, but kids kits are very poor fakes. The best fakes in these are easily spotted. So basically as long as it looks very real, I will say they are real.

The adults sizes kits are excellent quality and harder to tell.

master_chief

The seller had a few of them to sell...330485060922 is the item.

He looks genuine enough to me...............but the one thing i do find strange is he also has a website business that has been registered since 2005 as well but he doesn't sell any official kits on there 247totalfootball.co.uk/

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

He looks genuine enough to me...............but the one thing i do find … He looks genuine enough to me...............but the one thing i do find strange is he also has a website business that has been registered since 2005 as well but he doesn't sell any official kits on there http://www.247totalfootball.co.uk/

Yeah it is a bit odd. Ultimately I'm satisfied with the quality, I'd just rather know if it was fake or not so I could leave appropriate feedback to let others know.

Bad move paying full whack for this; it's the 2010/11 kit and will be replaced in about 3 months' time.

midlandscomics

Bad move paying full whack for this; it's the 2010/11 kit and will be … Bad move paying full whack for this; it's the 2010/11 kit and will be replaced in about 3 months' time.

its their last kit that wont have a normal sponsor on it though

roryk83

its their last kit that wont have a normal sponsor on it though

True, but they'll still have a kit next season with Unicef on iirc (one with Qatar, one with Unicef).

master_chef, if you're worried about authenticity, send it back and re-order from here using discount code 2011FEB15

£29.74 + shipping

Original Poster Banned

midlandscomics

Bad move paying full whack for this; it's the 2010/11 kit and will be … Bad move paying full whack for this; it's the 2010/11 kit and will be replaced in about 3 months' time.

You're right, I better bin it in 3 months when the new one comes out...

Original Poster Banned

Noticed all the fake ones on ebay don't have the Nike swoosh on them.

I'm fairly satisfied it's authentic.

Get the kid to put the kit on, then walk towards him. If he falls to the ground clutching his shin & screaming then it's real:p

Original Poster Banned

cis_groupie

Get the kid to put the kit on, then walk towards him. If he falls to the … Get the kid to put the kit on, then walk towards him. If he falls to the ground clutching his shin & screaming then it's real:p

I'm trying to instil in him the concept of fair play. It's impossible to watch a game without numerous examples of poor sportsmanship, hopefully he'll listen to me...

Get the french customs to check it for you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions