Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

How to tell if a laptop has soldered RAM without being able to see the laptop

Posted 27th Nov 2022 (Posted 1 h, 51 m ago)
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS

Hi all. So i have just bought a laptop and I want to add 2 x 16gb RAM. I think it has 2 removeable slots of RAM as oppose to 1 soldered but There are that many different versions of this laptop I can't truly be 100% confident. The laptop is a xmas present so i can't open it to see yet but I would like to have the RAM ready so I can install it on day 1. The model is Asus FA506IHR-HN019W. The spec is as follows if anybody can find out for definite. Ryzen 5 4600H, 8gb RAM, GTX 1650 and 512gb SSD. Many thanks. I have been looking for hours. Most youtube videos show 2 upgradeable slots but i have read 1 review somewhere which mentions 8gb soldered so it got me panicking. Thanks again
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Author
    Thankyou so much I ordered a 2nd 16gb stick after I realised about dual channel
  2. Avatar
    I got my teen the 4800h and 1660Ti version of this two years back and can confirm his is two slots, as RAM was one of the things we upgraded along with adding a 1TB SSD.

His came with this Crucial RAM, so we just added another 8GB.

uk.crucial.com/mem…32a (edited)
    Author
  3. Avatar
    Author
Top Merchants