How to tell if eBay seller is legit?

Posted 29th Sep
They say if something looks too good to be true it probably is but what do you think of this item/seller on eBay? rover.ebay.com/rov…844
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
In case it helps anyone on this thread or another, this is usually what we look for when we review Ebay sellers on hotukdeals:

How long have they been trading? - you can find that by clicking on their eBay username.

Have they changed their name? - you can find that by clicking their feedback score then View ID History.

What are they selling? - check their recent feedback and see if the product they are selling is pretty normal for their business.

Are they a business seller? - look under their Seller information for "Registered as a business seller"

Are they hiding any information? - scroll to the bottom of the page and as a business they should have their business address.

Does the product location match the seller location? - usually a sign of a drop shipper if not.

What is their feedback like? - usually self explanatory but see how active they've been over recent months.

What is the volume of sales? - click on the "*** Sold" button and it'll show you how many they've sold. Massive quantities of a specific product (with doesn't match their catalogue) can indicate whether the selling is legitimate. Credit to @windym for this tip!
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 29th Sep
12 Comments
Hmm not sure, I wouldn't risk it.
BIN has been changed on 6th September and since then the seller has received quite a bit of positive feedback for the item. It could be legit as pricing is not too much more from other sellers. Proceed with caution but not sure if this is a scam.
Edited by: "jamie15" 29th Sep
jamie1529/09/2019 18:24

BIN has been changed on 6th September and since then the seller has …BIN has been changed on 6th September and since then the seller has received quite a bit of positive feedback for the item. It could be legit as pricing is not too much more from other sellers. Proceed with caution but not sure if this is a scam.

So could he legit? I guess if not PayPal will refund just a pain
Dpowell329/09/2019 18:27

So could he legit? I guess if not PayPal will refund just a pain

It could be, the price isn't so outrageously cheap that it is definitely a scam. Same game was £20 a few days ago from AO after all.
Its only £16 take a chance on it, ..Why is getting a refund through Paypal a pain ??
Bazzer5529/09/2019 18:43

Its only £16 take a chance on it, ..Why is getting a refund through Paypal …Its only £16 take a chance on it, ..Why is getting a refund through Paypal a pain ??

Probably because they want the game and the money will be tied up in PayPal until they get the refund so might not be able to buy the game elsewhere
myusernamehasgone23429/09/2019 18:46

Probably because they want the game and the money will be tied up in …Probably because they want the game and the money will be tied up in PayPal until they get the refund so might not be able to buy the game elsewhere

Yea I suppose.......... I personally look on Paypal as a kind of a guarantee that monies will not be lost if things go a tad wrong
Well I’ve gone for it here’s hoping it’s legit
If you click on the item number sold, there are zillions sold in the last few days. For a buyer with less than 300 feedback it sounds like he's been hacked.

38573224-kW8n5.jpg
In case it helps anyone on this thread or another, this is usually what we look for when we review Ebay sellers on hotukdeals:

How long have they been trading? - you can find that by clicking on their eBay username.

Have they changed their name? - you can find that by clicking their feedback score then View ID History.

What are they selling? - check their recent feedback and see if the product they are selling is pretty normal for their business.

Are they a business seller? - look under their Seller information for "Registered as a business seller"

Are they hiding any information? - scroll to the bottom of the page and as a business they should have their business address.

Does the product location match the seller location? - usually a sign of a drop shipper if not.

What is their feedback like? - usually self explanatory but see how active they've been over recent months.

What is the volume of sales? - click on the "*** Sold" button and it'll show you how many they've sold. Massive quantities of a specific product (with doesn't match their catalogue) can indicate whether the selling is legitimate. Credit to @windym for this tip!
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 29th Sep
There aren’t any.....the end
It's only £6 more than Game, Amazon etc. which could account for their much larger overheads.

If it was me I'd take the punt as I'd be paying via PayPal anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants