how to transfer money to son in Magaluf

LocalFound 23rd Jun 2017
my son went to Magaluf yesterday he put most of his money or a Euro Fairfax card he tried using it and it's not working and now only has €40 to last him what's the best way to send him money so he gets the best rate rather than using his standard cash card
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
I sent my son money with Western Union, £12.50 Quidco.
or tell hi m to get the rep ie thomsons if with a travel company as you can transfer to their account and they will give him
"Not Working" you mean he blew it all night one
you can also try MoneyGram, plenty of collection branch secure.moneygram.co.uk/
I was pick pocketed in Magaluf and my brothers sent me cash via Western Union - collected from Palmanova post office which is an easy 15 minutes walk from BCM
You know what the best way is to use the standard cash card once to draw out the full amount but take it in euros not pounds. This way you get the bank rate which is usually better than we get over here in exchange places if you say pay in pounds they do a conversion at a poor rate then the bank do another one on top. The only few would be a small charge for using the card abroad about £1.50.
I'd use paypal these days
Transferwise is good. £2 fee with no currency margin
Send it to me, and I promise I will send it onto him.
Tell him to take it out from a cashpoint using his normal bank card. You can put money into his account over here. If he's taking out £300 today by the time you take into account the transaction fee and exchange rate you are talking less than a tenner in 'loss'. Not really worth your worry and running around setting up accounts with moneygram companies for a tenner is it! There are times to save money and there are times when its isn't worth the time and effort. This is one of those times.
Edited by: "TPGone" 23rd Jun 2017
Transferwise use it all the time for money abroad.
Check the card has been activated and he has the correct pin

Get PIN / PIN reminder

+44 (0) 1244 779 900

fairfx.com/con…act

Edited by: "chocci" 23rd Jun 2017
ThePasty

Tell him to take it out from a cashpoint using his normal bank card. You … Tell him to take it out from a cashpoint using his normal bank card. You can put money into his account over here. If he's taking out £300 today by the time you take into account the transaction fee and exchange rate you are talking less than a tenner in 'loss'. Not really worth your worry and running around setting up accounts with moneygram companies for a tenner is it! There are times to save money and there are times when its isn't worth the time and effort. This is one of those times.

​this, assuming he took his bank card that is.
next time use a revolut card
barclays ping it free or app £5 charge
Asks a question, gets help then too rude to say thanks.
Could he have used it at the hotel he is staying at? If you secure your hotel reservation with a card an amount is ring-fenced pending the full payment being made. This is usually fine with credit cards but with prepaid cards it uses the balance on the card.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants