how to transfer whatsapp chats from android to iphone?

15 replies
Found 2nd Dec 2016
anyone any idea how to do it? cant seem to find any info online
making the big switch from android to iphone but would like to keep my whatsapp chat history
thanks

15 Comments

In settings back up your whatsapp chats, then when you install whatsapp on your new phone it will include any backups

Switch to iPhone. That's just wrong... Lol

Banned

Why would you want to keep old chat logs?

Original Poster

DAMNOME

In settings back up your whatsapp chats, then when you install whatsapp … In settings back up your whatsapp chats, then when you install whatsapp on your new phone it will include any backups

how does it pull in the chats from google drive into the iphone?

Original Poster

WonkyDoctor

Why would you want to keep old chat logs?

info in them i might need. also keeps me in the group chats then i guess?

Sign into google drive then install whatsapp

Original Poster

DAMNOME

Sign into google drive then install whatsapp

will give that a go - thanks!

trick23

will give that a go - thanks!

Hi, I'm currently in the same situation.. Just wondering did this work?

Original Poster

zanemalik

Hi, I'm currently in the same situation.. Just wondering did this work?

hi - nope didnt work. just remembers what groups you are in - doesnt pull in any of the chat content or media.

trick23

hi - nope didnt work. just remembers what groups you are in - doesnt pull … hi - nope didnt work. just remembers what groups you are in - doesnt pull in any of the chat content or media.

back up your chats, then when you install on iphone, it will sync everything over.

Original Poster

EN1GMA

back up your chats, then when you install on iphone, it will sync … back up your chats, then when you install on iphone, it will sync everything over.

i did - to google drive - but it only pulls in icloud back ups - there was no option to restore from google drive

trick23

hi - nope didnt work. just remembers what groups you are in - doesnt pull … hi - nope didnt work. just remembers what groups you are in - doesnt pull in any of the chat content or media.

Hi, Yes same here no chats just shows me the groups..

As far as I know, it's not possible to move chat history in Whatsapp to any OS even though local saves are possible.

With WhatsApp, you will receive and send messages and media easily.Therefore, when switching phone, you may want to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Here I will show you a convenient quick way on how totransfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via backuptrans.

This can also transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, Android to Android.

Does anyone as a key for backuptrans application?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52480
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions