How to turn my tv into smart tv

Found 18th Feb
So I bought a tv deal that was posted from Tesco.
How do I turn the tv into a smart tv pls ?
Can anyone suggest an easy item to use ?
Have read on threads that the google chrome or something does not play YouTube ( am not ) just need suggestions on what to buy.
Thank you all.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
14 Comments
Get a amazon fire stick you can watch Netflix, YouTube, bbc iPlayer etc
Original Poster
Kamran_Hussain18 m ago

Thank you
NowTV box or stick, Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast or Roku Express, all depends on what smart apps you want as no one device will cover all.

It was Amazon who driopped Youtube support but there are ways around it.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 18th Feb
Original Poster
OBH6UK9 m ago

NowTV box or stick, Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast or Roku Express, …NowTV box or stick, Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast or Roku Express, all depends on what smart apps you want as no one device will cover all. It was Amazon who driopped Youtube support but there are ways around it.

Wowwww. Thank you think that’s what I needed to understand because am reading some does not have or stopped have YouTube. Thank you
Original Poster
mutley134 m ago

article which explains difference between chromecast and …article which explains difference between chromecast and firestickhttps://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/reviews/amazon-fire-stick-vs-chromecast-vs-apple-tv

Thank you. I will read it, appreciate it
Original Poster
OBH6UK10 m ago

NowTV box or stick, Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast or Roku Express, …NowTV box or stick, Amazon Fire stick, Google Chromecast or Roku Express, all depends on what smart apps you want as no one device will cover all. It was Amazon who driopped Youtube support but there are ways around it.

Thank you
It depends on what subscriptions you have i.e Now TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. If you don't have any and you're not bothered with any in the future then get a 2nd gen Now TV box click. This is the cheapest way to turn your TV into a smart TV click. The 3rd gen version has freeview for a little bit more.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 18th Feb
Original Poster
RiverDragon831 m ago

It depends on what subscriptions you have i.e Now TV, Netflix, Amazon …It depends on what subscriptions you have i.e Now TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. If you don't have any and you're not bothered with any in the future then get a 2nd gen Now TV box click. This is the cheapest way to turn your TV into a smart TV click. The 3rd gen version has freeview for a little bit more.

The tv I bought has freeview on it, which am happy with ( will I have to get antenna for it to work ) sorry my old tv had sky connect to it which am not using anymore hence all the questions. So for the smart to work on tv as long as I can watch YouTube I actually don’t mind as it’s just for the room and I only watch tv occasionally. Thank you for your feedback
Original Poster
Kamran_Hussain8 h, 45 m ago

Appreciate the feedback b
If your needs are that basic then get a 2nd gen Now TV box for £10.99 and sell that 2 months pass that comes with it. You're looking at an upgrade to smart TV for around £6 if you sell that pass, this is the cheapest option.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 18th Feb
Now TV Box
Read it books before bed and give it a weekly exam on set subjects
RobertBeckett17 m ago

Read it books before bed and give it a weekly exam on set subjects

Stupidest reply of the day award
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions