How to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010

6 replies
Found 28th Jun 2010
I am on Windows 7 with intel i5-750
I want to uninstall (don't ask me why!) Norton Internet Security 2010. I have tried the obvious by going into control panel but when I click on 'Uninstall' it comes up with a window saying 'Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer' so I click 'Yes'. But then absolutely nothing happens and my computer acts as if I didn't even click the 'Uninstall' button!
I have google'd it and I found a program but that program won't uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010. HELP!

6 Comments

You may need to shut Norton down before uninstalling it as ifts running the uninstall program can get confused.
I would say from when I removed mine that there are still odd bits like empty:thumbsup: folders which I had to delete manually

I believe that the "norton" web site do a free uninstaller, try a google

Your best best is to go to the Symantec website and download the free removal tool. This link should work, but if not, just Google for it.

[url]ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe[/url]

scotsann;8934807

Your best best is to go to the Symantec website and download the free … Your best best is to go to the Symantec website and download the free removal tool. This link should work, but if not, just Google for it.[url]ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe[/url]

:thumbsup:

sounds like more to do with windows UAC rather than Norton.
try turning off UAC.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18186621
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769187
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427214624

See more discussions