Groups
    EXPIRED

how to unlock iphone 3g for free?

I bought an iphone and its locked to o2. Since its on PAYG, can I unlock it using my old o2 contract sim? So to avoid the £15 charge.

Or is there another possible way?
    Thanks for any help

25 Comments

Iphone 3G or 3GS?

Original Poster

DarrylJohn;7869956

Iphone 3G or 3GS?

iphone 3g

sure, you can jailbreak it

quickpwn.com/

As long as the contract sim is active (your still paying for the contract!), then you can use it to unlock for free... if not then use the payg sim card (I bought one off ebay for £3.50 with £10.00 credit applied) to bring the price down slightly :-)

Original Poster

warehousestock;7869997

sure, you can jailbreak it :)http://www.quickpwn.com/

i need it unlocked, not jailbroken; or would i have to do this first? :thinking:

You wouldnt know any difference if it was unlocked or if you used quickpwn. Because it would be fully funtional

Original Poster

Pr3cious18;7870022

As long as the contract sim is active (your still paying for the … As long as the contract sim is active (your still paying for the contract!), then you can use it to unlock for free... if not then use the payg sim card (I bought one off ebay for £3.50 with £10.00 credit applied) to bring the price down slightly :-)

im still paying for the contract but its being used on another 3gs. If i place this sim in the new 3g phone, can I claim a free unlock, or would they know?

ele-font;7870047

im still paying for the contract but its being used on another 3gs. If i … im still paying for the contract but its being used on another 3gs. If i place this sim in the new 3g phone, can I claim a free unlock, or would they know?

Has that sim been used to unlock the 3gs at all? As if it hasn't, they wouldn't know otherwise! Alot of people have been doing this to bypass the £15 charge (look on the O2 website forum for information) :thumbsup:.

I bought a 3G from ebay after my 3GS was stolen & I used the 3GS contract sim to unlock the 3G no problem :thumbsup:

ive also had my 3gs stolen just bought a 3gs from ebay thats locked to 02 i have a replacement orange sim how did u go about unlocking ur phone for free?

i have a orange contract do i do the same thing?

use snow its free and simple to unlock any iphone inc 4g

number 1 i didnt mean to send it multiple times number 2 its a simple question i know 02 cant help im just asking would orange be able to unlock the phone as one of the other people above used their 02 sim to unlock the phone they bought on ebay

I have 3g iphone. But i have changed the network from o2 to talkmobile. Unfortunately after i received the SIM then I know that the phone was no network with the talkmobile, probably the iphone is lock to o2. Can anyone tell me how to unlock the iphone so that the phone will works with talkmobile. Thanks.

i have a jailbroken 3g and it needs updating but i'm worried about losing my contacts as i need them for work. can anyone help.

Banned

leewharfe

i have a jailbroken 3g and it needs updating but i'm worried about losing … i have a jailbroken 3g and it needs updating but i'm worried about losing my contacts as i need them for work. can anyone help.

just backup your contacts

hi there

my iphone is disabled and i need it back working....can someone help?

can anybody help me on how to get my iphone back at working

hellow i had a iphone and tried to update it to version 4.2 and it got stopped in the middle so when trying to restore the previous version it doesnt so i gave it to someone to make it for me and returning it to me it asks me to insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone what could i do to unlock it to airtel?

My husband has an orange 3gs iphone due to end contract next month when he shall get an upgrade. But I would like to use my vodafone sim in it, what do you recommend?

ive just got a iphone 3g and want to unlock from o2 to vodafone. rob

I have a Nokia 1180 Prototype from the 1980's, I want to be able to use it like an iPhone.. What can I do??

Jailbreak it at jailbreakme.com (from safari on your iphone) then go into cydia and click sections. scroll down to tweaks. scroll down to the letter that your carriers name begins with and press whichever says something like '[carriername] AU carrier support' and install that. My iphone 3g is locked from o2 and i put virgin on with this! Easy, and works.

DarrylJohn

Iphone 3G or 3GS?

i want unlock 3gs
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What a bunch of brassed necked barstewards22
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814508
      3. Feels weird!713
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886409

See more discussions