How to unlock/ jailbreak a iphone 3g on 3.1.3??

Banned 18 replies
Found 7th Jun 2010
Hi i have just won a iphone locked to 02 on ebay, i want to jailbreak it and unlock it when it arrives but i was wondering how do you do this if its on 3.1.3 firmware?

i done the jailbreak on my old iphone a few months ago mbut that was running 3.0.0 firmware

thanks in advance

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
17 Comments

spirit doesn't unlock afaik.

Contact O2 and get them to unlock it.

Theres no other way to do it unfortunately.

Original Poster Banned

matt3454;8780894

spirit doesn't unlock afaik.

any others?

Original Poster Banned

hippyharry;8780901

Contact O2 and get them to unlock it.Theres no other way to do it … Contact O2 and get them to unlock it.Theres no other way to do it unfortunately.

how long does it take for them to unlock it?

dangermouse76;8780909

shop.o2.co.uk/upd…tml

Original Poster Banned

hippyharry;8780948

http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html

Dont fancy waiting 14 days, seems alot of people on ebay are selling guides but never know what one to trust

dangermouse76;8780909

in the height when the unlock form first came out it (so everyone was completing the form) was about 5-7 working days - not sure now tho?

Thought O2 would only unlock it if you were the original owner!?

Original Poster Banned

Is there a way to downgrade to 3.1.2 firmware as than i would be able to unlock it

Original Poster Banned

anyone

Google? Here let me do it for you: google.com/

dangermouse76;8782463

Is there a way to downgrade to 3.1.2 firmware as than i would be able to … Is there a way to downgrade to 3.1.2 firmware as than i would be able to unlock it

That wont work, it is your baseband that need to be downgraded

JayBird;8781640

Thought O2 would only unlock it if you were the original owner!?

Nope - just pop in an o2 sim, load some credit, make some calls and contact o2 for an unlock. Pay £15, job done :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

teerex;8786628

Nope - just pop in an o2 sim, load some credit, make some calls and … Nope - just pop in an o2 sim, load some credit, make some calls and contact o2 for an unlock. Pay £15, job done :thumbsup:

Just contacted the seller and he filled in the online unlock form from 02 and so should be unlocked in under 14 days so that way i can use my vodafone sim in it, i will put a new 02 sim in it for now, what tarriff do i need to get the free internet? also will want to txt for them 2 weeks while im waiting for the unlock to happen, least i saved £15 on the unlock

dangermouse76;8786706

Just contacted the seller and he filled in the online unlock form from 02 … Just contacted the seller and he filled in the online unlock form from 02 and so should be unlocked in under 14 days so that way i can use my vodafone sim in it, i will put a new 02 sim in it for now, what tarriff do i need to get the free internet? also will want to txt for them 2 weeks while im waiting for the unlock to happen, least i saved £15 on the unlock

O2 Simplicity for iPhone will do ya for a month

teerex;8786628

Nope - just pop in an o2 sim, load some credit, make some calls and … Nope - just pop in an o2 sim, load some credit, make some calls and contact o2 for an unlock. Pay £15, job done :thumbsup:

Thats really what imeant, you needed to be on O2 to get it unlocked. Thanks for confirming though :thumbsup:

EDIT: My 1,000th Post
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951381
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769376
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1327
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247620

See more discussions